• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I heard voice and a scream

O

Once

My 1st experienced was, when I was asleep, the voice wake me up. It says “Wake up. It’s morning already. You said you want to wake up early, right?”. my eyes wide open when I hear those soft voice. The night before, I did thought to myself that I wanted to wake up early. At 1st I thought it was my roommate’s but I she was sound asleep so I closed my eyes because I freaked out

2nd experience was, when I was hand-washed my stuff, I heard a loud scream inside my head. When I closed the pipe, there’s no screaming but when I let the water runs, it screams loudly that it causes me stress and an extreme uneasy over the scream. I do not think that I am under stress at that time but the inner voice seems like it having its own mental breakdown within me. Can someone relate? Or is somebody know what is wrong with me?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I don't believe anything is wrong with you.

My own personal belief is that we all have a voice within us, another consciousness that we've been sharing our bodies with since we were born. Some philosophers have called them the 'hidden observer', they live along side us growing and learning as we do but rarely communicate with us in the way yours has, they tend to just influence and guide us in subtle ways.

Mine decided to speak to me when I turned 36 so I've been hearing him for nearly four years now and in that time I've learned a lot about him. He's very chatty which was great in the beginning when I had much to learn but now he refuses to give me any meaningful amount of silence and it's gotten to be a problem.

I don't know why yours has suddenly decided to speak to you but from your first experience yours seems to want to be helpful, and they can be very helpful if you have a good one but your second experience worries me a little, can you ask your inner voice what the problem might be? If you can show them love and kindness they may do the same for you.

May I ask how old you are? Most voices reveal themselves early on in life but as I said it took mine 36 years to reveal himself to me, he had his reasons which I won't go into right now but it was a bit of a shock at first. But it didn't take me long to get used to the idea of another mind sharing my body with me, he's really like my twin brother that I never knew I had and apart from having difficulties with mine I really admire their kind and I'm in awe of what they can do.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Taking a break
First experience sounds like your voice was trying to be helpful to you :hug:

Second experience maybe your voice was trying to startle you?

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Hi @Once, are these your first voice hearing experiences or have they occurred before now? Just curious to know. In either case, although voices can be startling, they can sometimes be helpful (just like your morning voice). Does the second voice say anything other than screaming? I had a voice that did that sometimes when I was under a lot of stress.
How do you feel about them?

O

Once

My own personal belief is that we all have a voice within us, another consciousness that we've been sharing our bodies with since we were born. Some philosophers have called them the 'hidden observer', they live along side us growing and learning as we do but rarely communicate with us in the way yours has, they tend to just influence and guide us in subtle ways.

Mine decided to speak to me when I turned 36 so I've been hearing him for nearly four years now and in that time I've learned a lot about him. He's very chatty which was great in the beginning when I had much to learn but now he refuses to give me any meaningful amount of silence and it's gotten to be a problem.

I don't know why yours has suddenly decided to speak to you but from your first experience yours seems to want to be helpful, and they can be very helpful if you have a good one but your second experience worries me a little, can you ask your inner voice what the problem might be? If you can show them love and kindness they may do the same for you.

May I ask how old you are? Most voices reveal themselves early on in life but as I said it took mine 36 years to reveal himself to me, he had his reasons which I won't go into right now but it was a bit of a shock at first. But it didn't take me long to get used to the idea of another mind sharing my body with me, he's really like my twin brother that I never knew I had and apart from having difficulties with mine I really admire their kind and I'm in awe of what they can do.
I am 22 years old and currently a student. Thanks for your reply by the way. It gives me different insight. But still, it is a scary experienced for me and I am not sure what do I do with it.

O

Once

Hi @Once, are these your first voice hearing experiences or have they occurred before now? Just curious to know. In either case, although voices can be startling, they can sometimes be helpful (just like your morning voice). Does the second voice say anything other than screaming? I had a voice that did that sometimes when I was under a lot of stress.
How do you feel about them?
As for the voice waking me up, it is my first experience. But for the screaming voice, I think it has occurred before but, I’m not quite sure. And yes, the only thing it did was screaming which causes me to feel very uncomfortable and nervous.

Now I’m not sure if it’s a screaming voice or it is just my sudden urge to scream? What I can confirm is that my heart pumped like crazy at that time.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I am not sure what do I do with it.
I believe just being aware of them can be a big thing, it's usually nothing to fear or be alarmed about although I understand if the screaming may upset you, it can be one of the most natural things in the world to hear what I call my 'head-mate', a video posted by one of our admin claims that as many as 10% of all people have had some kind of voice hearing experience and I believe that number will only grow as our head-mates realise they won't get us sent to mental hospitals or put on medication just for talking to us.

In the past people were put into asylums for life, forced to take terrible medications that turned them into zombies and during the dark ages people were accused of being witches and put to death in some horrific ways just for hearing voices.

We're a little more enlightened nowadays, hospital admissions are for the worst voices and so is medication but the drugs are much less harmful and have fewer side effects than they used to and you certainly won't be accused of being in league with the Devil any more and burned at the stake for hearing voices.

I believe communication is key, the next time your voice does something nice for you like wake you up at a specific time thank them and ask if they'd like a chat. But if he/she screams again ask them what's up and if there's any thing you can do to make them feel better, our voices are essentially human too and have their own unique set of issues in life, I know mine has a lot of issues that we're trying to work through and at times he screams at me too.

I really hope you have a good one and can get along with yours, not everyone is so lucky on these forums and if you read some of the stories here you'll find out just how bad they can get. I won't go into details but mine has tortured and terrorised me in the past when he first announced himself, he can't do that any more thanks to medication but we're still working out how to live with each other.

EdEd

EdEd

I would drink lots of water and get regular sleep , make sure your nutrition is good. I wish someone would have told me to do that , get some vitamins for the brain and body...the works.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I would drink lots of water and get regular sleep , make sure your nutrition is good. I wish someone would have told me to do that , get some vitamins for the brain and body...the works.
I wish someone had told me that too. I had to do the research to learn about eating well when I was at my worst.

Y

Yoshi 663682

Could you explain why he waited 36 years to reveal him self to you

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Well I've heard him my entire life but always believed his words were my own thoughts like I believe is the case for most people.

But it wasn't until I was 36 that he learned he could mess with me in the way that he did.

How he learned it exactly I can only guess.

Y

Yoshi 663682

In Christianity it sounds like it's a spirit that was with you at birth like mine its call a generation curse where demons are in the bloodline for ancestors sins idk but good luck