• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i hear screaming

sam999

sam999

so I have severeal mental health issues but none of them include hearing voices but in the last 2 weeks im starting to hear people scream in my head. it sounds like theyre in pain or something like that. i dont recognise any of those Voices but something tells me theyre being tortured idk why. it also only happens when im alone especially at night. i dont know what it is so if anyone could help me:( sorry for my english

EdEd

EdEd

You're fine. I understand what you're saying. Did the voices say anything in particular?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Are you on any medication like anti-psychotics?

EdEd

EdEd

I would definitely make sure to mention this to a trained professional.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I don't believe sleeping medications have a negative effect on voices so I'm not sure what it's/their problem could be, I know why mine sometimes screams.

Have you tried talking to them? Being soothing, calming and telling them it's going to be ok?

I know it sounds weird but I believe our voices are people of a sort, a bit different than we are but in my experience they have feelings just like we do.

Let me know when they're ready to speak to you.

Z

Zoe1

mental health professionals are currently starting to work with voices
in the way that NWiddi described here
its the way of the future !

I've been telling them that for years !

sam999

sam999

I don't believe sleeping medications have a negative effect on voices so I'm not sure what it's/their problem could be, I know why mine sometimes screams.

Have you tried talking to them? Being soothing, calming and telling them it's going to be ok?

I know it sounds weird but I believe our voices are people of a sort, a bit different than we are but in my experience they have feelings just like we do.

Let me know when they're ready to speak to you.
okay thank you so much im going to try this!

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Of course you don't have to say anything out loud, you can say comforting things in your mind and your voice will hear you.

But I suppose I may be hypocritical with this approach, I've been ignoring my voice for around four and a half years now until he demonstrates a more acceptable level of behaviour, he's made it quite clear that we're enemies instead of friends but should that ever change I would be willing to talk to him once again and invite him into my life.

Having a good voice can be very rewarding or so I'm told, unfortunately most people who find their way here have difficult ones but I have met people here who have good relationships with theirs and I envy them greatly.

I'd always counsel trying to start off on the right foot and offer the hand of friendship to voices, if they knock it back then get the heavy guns out and medicate the buggers.

sam999

sam999

Of course you don't have to say anything out loud, you can say comforting things in your mind and your voice will hear you.

But I suppose I may be hypocritical with this approach, I've been ignoring my voice for around four and a half years now until he demonstrates a more acceptable level of behaviour, he's made it quite clear that we're enemies instead of friends but should that ever change I would be willing to talk to him once again and invite him into my life.

Having a good voice can be very rewarding or so I'm told, unfortunately most people who find their way here have difficult ones but I have met people here who have good relationships with theirs and I envy them greatly.

I'd always counsel trying to start off on the right foot and offer the hand of friendship to voices, if they knock it back then get the heavy guns out and medicate the buggers.
so i tried talking to them or getting their attention but they didnt even react in the slightest. they just kept screaming

H

Huckleberry

so i tried talking to them or getting their attention but they didnt even react in the slightest. they just kept screaming
I'm sorry, that must be terrifying.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
You ever wonder if they are real?
That's my personal belief and the idea behind a book that was written in 2008 (The Daemon - a guide to your extraordinary secret self), both myself and the author believe we're a dual consciousness species, two minds occupying the one body.

The books first chapter tells the story of a small group of neurologists doing experiments in the 1960's who came to the conclusion that our mind exists in the left hemisphere of the brain while this second consciousness exists in the right.

So I believe mine is like the twin brother I never knew I had (until the age of 36 when he revealed himself to me) that shares my body with me. We're like Siamese twins but we only have the one head to share between us.

This is why my avatar is of the Roman god Janus who is the god of duality among other things, it makes me wonder if the ancient Romans knew more than they were letting on and created a god as a clue or as a way to express their suspicions.