• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I hear a fire alarm that isn't there

C

Connorg

I was in a house fire when younger, older now don't think much of it. But recently, more often at the moment; I hear a fire alarm. I don't even think there was one going off in my home.

Just confused and wondering if it could be some type of ptsd.

Also, note I hate being near heat. (Won't put things in ovens)

S

Silver Shadow

I was in a house fire when younger, older now don't think much of it. But recently, more often at the moment; I hear a fire alarm. I don't even think there was one going off in my home.

Just confused and wondering if it could be some type of ptsd.

Also, note I hate being near heat. (Won't put things in ovens)
Hi, read what you wrote and I'm wondering if you've seen a therapist or had any type of assessment done?

It sounds very real to me. Not an active imagination or anything like that. I do think that a prior (even years ago) trauma can recur like this. Might be worth checking into.

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had a similar problem to this, I suffered PTSD then psychosis and would hear a mobile phone going off (the Nokia ringtone), the PTSD was caused by problems at work, where although not related to me, there was a problem (only part of the problem) was in relation to mobile phones.

Have you thought PTSD may be triggering low level psychosis and what your experiencing is a low level psychotic expisode?.

Saying that, if you don’t think of the original fire much I can’t see how you would be experiencing PTSD in the first place. That sort of leads psychosis on its own.