I hear a fire alarm that isn't there

C

Connorg

I was in a house fire when younger, older now don't think much of it. But recently, more often at the moment; I hear a fire alarm. I don't even think there was one going off in my home.

Just confused and wondering if it could be some type of ptsd.

Also, note I hate being near heat. (Won't put things in ovens)

S

Silver Shadow

I was in a house fire when younger, older now don't think much of it. But recently, more often at the moment; I hear a fire alarm. I don't even think there was one going off in my home.

Just confused and wondering if it could be some type of ptsd.

Also, note I hate being near heat. (Won't put things in ovens)
Hi, read what you wrote and I'm wondering if you've seen a therapist or had any type of assessment done?

It sounds very real to me. Not an active imagination or anything like that. I do think that a prior (even years ago) trauma can recur like this. Might be worth checking into.

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had a similar problem to this, I suffered PTSD then psychosis and would hear a mobile phone going off (the Nokia ringtone), the PTSD was caused by problems at work, where although not related to me, there was a problem (only part of the problem) was in relation to mobile phones.

Have you thought PTSD may be triggering low level psychosis and what your experiencing is a low level psychotic expisode?.

Saying that, if you don’t think of the original fire much I can’t see how you would be experiencing PTSD in the first place. That sort of leads psychosis on its own.