• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I haven't slept all night and I feel really anxious, is anyone there?

D

dewey

I am feeling super anxious, I am trying to stay awake because what is the use of sleeping in the day, then surely I will not sleep at night. So I have to try and stay awake.

Brownangel

Brownangel

Hi, its okay to take a quick nap for a bit if that helps. What's making you feel so anxious?

D

dewey

Hi, its okay to take a quick nap for a bit if that helps. What's making you feel so anxious?
Sometimes it's hard to say why with the anxiety it's just a very strong anxiety but I think it may be due to society going back to normal and going back to work. I am nervous to go back to work and see people again as I have low self esteem to be honest and I can tend to dissociate if I feel anxious, and I worry a lot about what others think of me. I am just scared to go to work, really scared.
I should not care what others think of me, but for some reason I think they all have a terrible opinion of me.

Brownangel

Brownangel

Sometimes it's hard to say why with the anxiety it's just a very strong anxiety but I think it may be due to society going back to normal and going back to work. I am nervous to go back to work and see people again as I have low self esteem to be honest and I can tend to dissociate if I feel anxious, and I worry a lot about what others think of me. I am just scared to go to work, really scared.
I should not care what others think of me, but for some reason I think they all have a terrible opinion of me.
Hey, I understand how you feel its hard to not think about what other people think of you. But remember only you can make yourself feel bad because other people don't have control over you. Even if you have low self esteem you just gotta say to yourself f everyone else I'm me and I love myself. Also most of the time as I have realised people don't care as much as you think they care. However, if all of this is bothering you too much I think maybe speaking to an expert might help. I hope this helps xx

D

dewey

Hey, I understand how you feel its hard to not think about what other people think of you. But remember only you can make yourself feel bad because other people don't have control over you. Even if you have low self esteem you just gotta say to yourself f everyone else I'm me and I love myself. Also most of the time as I have realised people don't care as much as you think they care. However, if all of this is bothering you too much I think maybe speaking to an expert might help. I hope this helps xx
Thanks for your message.

Well other people do have control over me because in their presence they make me feel bad.

I am used to people having a bad opinion of me, particularly because I was always a weirdo in school.
I realise it doesn't matter if other people have a bad opinion of me, but I guess I always hope that somehow I might one day fit in, and be liked, and be normal.

Brownangel

Brownangel

Thanks for your message.

Well other people do have control over me because in their presence they make me feel bad.

I am used to people having a bad opinion of me, particularly because I was always a weirdo in school.
I realise it doesn't matter if other people have a bad opinion of me, but I guess I always hope that somehow I might one day fit in, and be liked, and be normal.
I understand that. You need to know that there are people out there who love you or will love you for all that you are. In school everyone had a bad opinion of me too because I was also weird. And now I realise there are people out there who accept you.

D

dewey

I understand that. You need to know that there are people out there who love you or will love you for all that you are. In school everyone had a bad opinion of me too because I was also weird. And now I realise there are people out there who accept you.
You're right, there certainly are people that appreciate me in my life. It's just a question of coming to terms with and accepting oneself. Which can be a really huge challenge for some reason, I suppose how you were growing up and in school can be extremely formative, but letting go and accepting oneself is really the key.
Thanks for taking the time to listen to me. I'm sorry you've had similar difficulties. You seem like a lovely person to have on the forum :)

Brownangel

Brownangel

You're right, there certainly are people that appreciate me in my life. It's just a question of coming to terms with and accepting oneself. Which can be a really huge challenge for some reason, I suppose how you were growing up and in school can be extremely formative, but letting go and accepting oneself is really the key.
Thanks for taking the time to listen to me. I'm sorry you've had similar difficulties. You seem like a lovely person to have on the forum :)
Aww thx I m always here to chat and listen it was great to talk to you. I'm glad I could help xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7