• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I have to go out twice today and again tomorrow

F

firemonkee57

Today- first of all for my depot, that is normal every fortnight. However I then have to go to the bank to discuss the account I have and whether there's a better one, The thing is the one I'm on now is for people on benefits and I'm comfortable with it. I don't really want to change for the prospect of an account that pays minuscule interest.

Then tomorrow I have an appointment to see the pdoc . The thing is I am relatively stable within the context of having chronic problems for which help is not really forthcoming- social isolation/interaction problems/ lack of drive,motivation, and goals/ anxiety etc. I't's all very much going through the motions if you're in the chronic category , not much beyond the fortnightly butt jab.

F

firemonkee57

Just thought if I turn up for that less than wonderful men's group I can avoid going home only to have to go out again.

shaky

shaky

Then tomorrow I have an appointment to see the pdoc . The thing is I am relatively stable within the context of having chronic problems for which help is not really forthcoming- social isolation/interaction problems/ lack of drive,motivation, and goals/ anxiety etc. I't's all very much going through the motions if you're in the chronic category , not much beyond the fortnightly butt jab.
Have you ever discussed these problems with your pdoc?
There might be new resources available near you, or he/she might have heard of something that could be useful that they hadn't heard of before.

F

firemonkee57

The thing is I tend to go into 'good face on' mode when I see him and unless specifically asked don't mention things.

F

firemonkee57

Sat through men's group to avoid going home and then out again. It was only the man with a learning disability and me. I tried a few times to start a conversation(not my strong point anyway) to be met with a mumbled sentence or half sentence. The only thing he offered was that the peer leader who runs the group hasn't been for a while. Apart from that it was lengthy silence
Before that had depot and bp and pulse taken. BP was 108/90 and pulse 115(fast again).

After the men's group I had a quick look around the shops before going for the bank appointment. He offered a current account with more bells and whistles than my current account but none of it I needed and I said thanks but no thanks. Then he mentioned a savings account but the 0.25% interest on it wasn't tempting.

porkpie

porkpie

I've been contemplating going to the local men's group to break the monotony of life up but I'm not good around people I don't know, and this is a learning disability men's group so I don't think I can discuss my mental health struggles, I'm thinking about going to the Bipolar support group in the city but since I've got schizoaffective disorder I'm unsure they'll be welcoming?

F

firemonkee57

@porkpie I hope something can break the monotony .

Not in the mood for leaving the flat again.
Appointment's at a time when the waiting room is likely to be busy which makes me paranoid and self conscious re too many people in close proximity.