I have this strange feeling sometimes, but I don't know if it's a problem

G

goblin's bride

Hi, I'm 18 years old and, since I was a kid, I have a strange feeling that sometimes happens. I do not know how to describe it, but it's like a sudden feeling that everything is intense, both the sounds and my movements. My thoughts seem to have some anger and violence, but they are not clear, just a mess. It is as if I were outside myself, but it is more internal than external. It only lasts a few minutes and only happens once in a while. I was never worried, but suddenly I think there might be something wrong. I would like to know if anyone has felt this way. I do not know if this is a problem, in fact, but if it is, I would like to try to identify what it is. Thank you for reading my post.

4EVRHSP

4EVRHSP

Hi, I'm 18 years old and, since I was a kid, I have a strange feeling that sometimes happens. I do not know how to describe it, but it's like a sudden feeling that everything is intense, both the sounds and my movements. My thoughts seem to have some anger and violence, but they are not clear, just a mess. It is as if I were outside myself, but it is more internal than external. It only lasts a few minutes and only happens once in a while. I was never worried, but suddenly I think there might be something wrong. I would like to know if anyone has felt this way. I do not know if this is a problem, in fact, but if it is, I would like to try to identify what it is. Thank you for reading my post.
I’m not a doctor so I can’t offer a qualified medical opinion but I’ve had passing periods like this in my life. It’s hard to concrete it down in words but it’s sort of like a passing feeling of almost euphoria and disassociation. I don’t know if you have any other mental health issues but for me this seems to be a by product of BPD ( borderline personality disorder )

S

srhnnh

Sometimes I get something similar and has happened since I was a child. I get a feeling of needing to go fast, like mentally. as if my brain is a wheel that is turning more quickly and I should complete whatever im doing as fast as possible however it doesn't transfer to the external, in that I don't start rushing, its just my brain feels like going faster and needs to think urgently. I remember feeling it very vividly from about 4/5 years old and this happens for a few minutes maybe every 6 months if even as often as that. I figure its just my brain almost crashing. I deep breathe until I fades and it goes away with no harm. I have never been able to explain it to anyone clearly enough for them to understand but I think it sounds similar to what you are saying.

I don't have any advice on it but I think it is probably normal to some extent, im sure everyone has little funny brain moments where it feels a bit off now and then.

zaatarHoney

zaatarHoney

Hi, I'm 18 years old and, since I was a kid, I have a strange feeling that sometimes happens.
Well, first things first, hi! I'm glad you're here to discuss how you feel- they can be difficult, or nearly impossible, to discuss with people who don't experience them as well. So, I'm glad you found this space.

I can relate to your feeling. Have you ever heard of Depersonalization/Derealization? It's a type of dissociative reflex, considered a disorder by some, but the rest of us see it as the mind's natural coping mechanism to C-PTSD/PTSD. Of course, you never want to self-diagnose. I only mention it because, even having a hypothesis of what could be going on in your head,
can be comforting, especially in times of panic.

Have you ever been diagnosed with Anxiety? Some people also have adverse reactions to certain stimuli- like, some people are very sensitive to certain sounds, sights or smells.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Other Conditions and Experiences 3