I have some unusual ptsd symptoms is there anything I could try

D

Davisss

Twice in the past 4 months I have been effectively kidnapped by some other girls if I went into the details this post would be way too long but I have had many symptoms huge anxiety sudden mood or emotional changes I have nightmares almost every night I wake up sweating screaming I get incredibly tense hearing specific sounds and I have a odd fear of rain at night but the most unusual this morning i walked into the bathroom looked at the mirror and saw myself covered in cuts and bruises then I collapsed on the floor and fainted for about 2 hours is there anything I can do to lessen this

K

Kelly B

Are you seeing a doctor? I used to have nightmares like your talking about. More like night terrors. Very vivid and most unsettling. Once my doctor started me on lamotragine they stopped altogether. I don’t know if lamotragine would be right for you, but it might be worth looking into.

D

Davisss

I am seeing a doctor but I haven't been given any form of medication

D

Davisss

a mood stabilizer could help.
It could help it somewhat but the hallucinations the random collapse are these rare symptoms can I do anything about this but I will ask about mood stabilisers

D

Davisss

I haven't smelt anything unusual
I also haven't had a bad reaction to a smell but almost everything else has been able to trigger something

K

Kelly B

If I were you, I’d be going RIGHT BACK to the doctor and gp. Something isn’t right and it doesn’t sound as if they’re doing everything they can to help you to address the problem. You shouldn’t have to go through that. If you still get no help it might be in your best interest to go see someone else who will. I wish you the very best and hopefully good health. 💕

D

Davisss

Odly I didn't respond to that because I collapsed on the ground in my kitchen I got up walked then felt like I was walking barefoot on grass then my apartment turned into a raining football field in the dark everything spinning I tried to run and just fell sideways I was out for about 5 hours

D

Davisss

I called and asked about meds and I was told something about advanced psychotherapy

D

Davisss

I was also told the side effects of dizziness or light-headedness. Could make those collapses more frequent

D

Davisss

I feel so helpless right now every few minutes I'm being reminded of what happened and there is nothing I can do it's even worse because some people are intentionally using my triggers because they want the reaction and I can't do anything about it

D

Davisss

I have Been officially diagnosed with something called cptsd I haven't been given any meds or prescriptions the collapses are why I'm not on medication because side effects often include light headed Ness and dizzyness

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I have PTSD and have done much research on it and haven't heard of collapsing being a symptom.That sounds more like a health problem rather than a psychological problem.

What did you mean by "Twice in the past 4 months I have been effectively kidnapped by some other girls"?

K

Kelly B

I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with that 🙁 It’s good you came here to talk about it. I’ve only been a member for a for a few days and it is such a relief to talk about my illness with people who understand. I haven’t talked about it since the last manic/psychotic episode 6 years ago. I feel safe here to do that. It’s therapeutic...right?

D

Davisss

It is nice to be able to talk about it and what I mean by that some ridiculous stuff built up to this but what happened the first time another girl was giving me some grief I answered back and later that day I was walking to the stands at the sports field my boyfriend was playing just before I got there I was tackled from behind then put in a large duffel bag and carried to a tree I was tied to it and left there for hours the second time I was coming home late at night and I. Was grabbed from behind by another girl (I could smell perfume) I had a golf ball forced into my mouth and a bag put over my head I was tied to a post on a sports field and left there overnight this was on my 20th birthday
This is how I got ptsd

That was hard to write