• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I have several mental health issues + new meds??

• Thread starter Questioninglife
  • Start date
Q

Questioninglife

Hey guys so im a young lad and suffer with the following due to alot of trauma and loss of my sister and daughter
Emotionly unstable personality disorder
Depression with suicidal tendencies
Severe anxiety
Ptsd
Ocd
Personality disorders

And for the last few years been on mirtazipine 45mg and amitriptyline 10mg one of each at night but due to a decline in my depression and anxiety just been put onto 40mg propanolol x3 daily also and im just curious to others who have much experience with the combination that im on ive only been on the "proplol" 2 days now an seen a good reduction in general anxiety but my depression still seems to be plummeting :( i don't really have a social life an no family at all so usually find myself questioning my reasons to even be here and i just want to know if theres much advice abouy how i can try to change this !! I tried every single day to wake up with a smile but noticed my sleeping is so broken at the minute and constantly have a low self worth!! I had been smoking cannabis for 16 years until three weeks ago and to be honest i still feel like utter crap... Sorry to waffle on but i dont get to vent much hence joining here so any advice would be sooooo appreciated..this stuff is ao damn hard for a young lad as i have no confidence or will to be around others but at the same time i feel so damn lonely alot of the time...

MoonShapedPool

MoonShapedPool

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well done on quitting weed 👍
That`s not easy

K

karl7

Firstly Welcome to the forums.....i too have periods of bad depression where life seems bleak.....but you need to remember that these depressions do pass, you will get better, trust me. Just try to take life as easy as possible.

I myself have been without friends for over ten years, i get lonely too but i do find these forums help me feel somewhat better. You may also be interested in joining a mental health club, these are places where mentally ill folk can go to participate in activities such as drama, art, personal development, group therapy to name but a few activities or else you can just drop in for a coffee.....in these places you will meet nice understanding people who have been through it.....just talk to your psychiatrist about it. I think theyre invaluable.

Anyway, kep up posting here on the forum for support and feel free to message me if you want to ask anything further or if youre feeling down

Q

Questioninglife

Firstly Welcome to the forums.....i too have periods of bad depression where life seems bleak.....but you need to remember that these depressions do pass, you will get better, trust me. Just try to take life as easy as possible.

I myself have been without friends for over ten years, i get lonely too but i do find these forums help me feel somewhat better. You may also be interested in joining a mental health club, these are places where mentally ill folk can go to participate in activities such as drama, art, personal development, group therapy to name but a few activities or else you can just drop in for a coffee.....in these places you will meet nice understanding people who have been through it.....just talk to your psychiatrist about it. I think theyre invaluable.

Anyway, kep up posting here on the forum for support and feel free to message me if you want to ask anything further or if youre feeling down
Thank you for the warm welcome
Its such a pain in the backside because it tends to happen more often than not if you no what i mean i feel like i need purpose in my life and with the new meds im really hoping this will help

What i worry about is that the meds just push and subdue the issues to the back of my mind which just build up but im starting counseling tomorrow which i hope will start helpjng too

I find myself very bored and lonely alot of the time but then very anxious and low confidence around others so been considering getting a puppy some time in the future but scared my mental health will reflect on a dog as the pick up on everything

But i will be on here quite often now as it seems like a pretty good place to spend to others facing the same sort of issue ect

MoonShapedPool

MoonShapedPool

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I bet!
I am 6 months sober & smoke was all I used
for my home Detox 😊👌

C

candycane

Question have you tried counseling?