• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I have Schizoaffective Disorder and am Looking to connect with people similar

F

freespiritfemale

I have Schizoaffective Disorder and am Looking to connect with people similar

Hi, I suffered with Puerperal Psychosis 10 years ago which left me with Schizoaffective Disorder. Looking to connect with people. xx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hi and welcome to the forum. :hi:
I don't have Schizoaffective but all of us here on the forum can empathise with mental health struggles no matter what the label.
I hope you find the forum useful and I hope too that perhaps someone that does share the same diagnosis as you will pop in and introduce themselves. :)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
his exact diagnosis is undertain but is possibly in the schitzoaffective range, that was when i was going through my better period and doing a degree, now it's residual schitzoprenia or paranoid schitzoprenia is what the gp put on the dwp note sister claims it's to get them off my back

SAid to one psychiatrist you say those psychiatrists who said i wasn't schitzoprenic are wrong well how do you know your right when you say i am

He said get 7 different psychiatrists get 7 different diagnoseses

anouska

anouska

Hi, I suffered with Puerperal Psychosis 10 years ago which left me with Schizoaffective Disorder. Looking to connect with people. xx
Hi freespirit,
I've been diagnosed with Schizoaffective. It's all so complex isn't it. Will try and help if I can.
Welcome here xxx

C

Christobel

Welcome freespiritfemale. I am diagnosed schizoaffective but in my case it started in the menopause. After years of suffering and sometimes damaging Medications am now in remission.

V

Viktoria

Im diagnosed with either paranoid schizophrenia or schizo affective. It's all new to me so I can't really advice. Just wanted to share.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
schitzoaffective means your on probation if you don't sort yourself out it morphs into schitzoprenia

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my friend lost his job he was diagnosed schitzoaffective, he also took a lump sum that resulted in him not been entitled to means teasted benefits, he kept been declared fif for work and all the fit for work benefits are means tested, he recently became bipolar, got the first cheque last week

porkpie

porkpie

I'm Schizoaffective Bipolar type and Rambo is right with the 'seven different psychiatrists get 7 different diagnoses'. I've been through them all starting with BPD, Bipolar II then I, I with psychotic features now SZA, I guess its only time when I get DX with full blown Schizophrenia, I think that DX is kinda end of the road.

SarahD

SarahD

I am also,schizoaffective disorder bipolar type apparently. This is my fourth diagnosis though. But seems to fit the symptoms.

D

Deliah

Do you guys believe in these labels you're given? In what way is it useful to you? Just interested? D x

porkpie

porkpie

Do you guys believe in these labels you're given? In what way is it useful to you? Just interested? D x
As long as it gets me my benefits I don't care personally.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
as one counciller said if you suffer from the disadvantages of the label you might as well use the advantages, beleive in the label i beleive the label is real and for alll i know there may be a valid diagnosis behind it