I have personality disorder and really struggling with anything social. Feel really alone . All I do is work all I can to forget my problems. I have t

S

Steveruss

I have personality disorder. I have to take quitiapine to sleep and sertraline to stable me . I really struggle with any social stuff and very much live in my own sad world ALONE 😞. All I can do is work to forget my sad life . I have many times tried to take my life with no success although last year was very close . I’m a good person. Why me !!!?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I am so sorry you are in such a bad way. Who diagnosed you with a PD and how long ago? There are treatments out there for BPD and other PDs called DBT which stands for Dialectical Behavioural Therapy. It was originally created for people with PDs and is now being rolled out for other conditions. Its worth asking around in your area if there are any courses near you and if you can be referred. I did the course and it changed my way of life for the better. If there isn't a course, maybe look it up on Amazon and get a book or two on it and try it at home.

You are in good company here with many people understanding what you are going through. I hope others will be along to help you soon.

S

Steveruss

I’ve had this since 15 yrs only diagnosed 3 yrs back and under crisis team . Classed as a vulnerable adult now through my own actions of suicide .

S

Steveruss

I’m really a good person and work hard and also have a good intelligence. That don’t help my mind though I feel so alone it’s just shit sorry 😐 I don’t think anything will help

G

gigglyhands

Give yourself credit...you know what you are up against, you recognise your PD..and yes, it does make us feel alone at times. But, I like to turn this around, and tell myself that I will feel more than most people without a PD, good and bad. Therapy helped me to come to terms with a hideously abusive childhood and find comfort and confidence in just being me..and keeping things simple. Never think that nothing will help...turn it around..there will be something that helpsxx

K

Keesha

Can this disorder really be helped?
I’ve never really noticed this acout myself because I’ve kept to myself but over the past year I have been communicating on forums and have lost it a few times really badly but I’m actually a really sensitive person.
This really isn’t good.

O

OCDguy

I personally believe that where there is a will, there is a way. It's a bit like finding that elusive jigsaw piece, you keep swapping and changing till you find the piece that fits, and it may well be pointless keep trying the same piece and doing your best to put a square peg into a round hole ;)

K

Keesha

Yes but it’s depressing as hell to know you actually ARE a misfit. Yes it’s feeling sorry for myself but I’m horrible.... and I mean horrible at socializing. I try really hard. Too hard.

O

OCDguy

I personally believe we are all unique, in which case we are all misfits, but there are people out there who fill in our missing gaps, and in turn we do the same for them ;)

A

Alison embracing disorder

I am finding that acceptance of who i am is key. If you can accept and embrace who you are you have the chance to be able to live a peaceful life. Do you have friends? Family around? Finding like minded or non judgemental people has helped me, church is a great place for this. You aren’t alone and I know from my own experiences how alone and unloved I have felt. Always know you aren’t alone and are loved. Sometimes all it takes is a kind smile from a complete stranger to pull me out of the darkness for a few moments.

Is your job something you are passionate about? If it isn’t can you change your employment so it is something you are passionate about?

A

Yes but it’s depressing as hell to know you actually ARE a misfit. Yes it’s feeling sorry for myself but I’m horrible.... and I mean horrible at socializing. I try really hard. Too hard.
Just because you might feel like you struggle socially that doesn’t make you a horrible oerson, it actually makes you self aware, that’s a great tool! No it doesn’t make life easier or you happier, but embracing who you are can turn your life around.

A

I personally believe we are all unique, in which case we are all misfits, but there are people out there who fill in our missing gaps, and in turn we do the same for them ;)
Love this, although it’s taken a significant amount of work to get to here and the rollercoaster continues for now, although I can accept who I am now, I can look myself in the mirror and love who I see.

A

Don’t live in shame, just because others may perceive a personality ‘disorder’ as being dysfunctional, doesn’t mean we have to listen to them. I don’t believe it’s a disorder, when I am in my peaceful place I can see everything with so much clarity, no judgement, just love. I don’t believe this is a disorder it’s beautiful.

Find your passion and fly 😊

G

gigglyhands

I don't believe that I am "disordered"...I believe that the wider world is. My EUPD makes me sensitive, compassionate and enjoy the simple things in life.