I have ocd

F

Fluppyapple

I have been seeking reassurance a lot lately not like making sure everything's in order the door is closed like that its these thoughts they never go away if I do something really good better than others I get thoughts like howcome I am so good at this while others aren't what did I do to get to this level maybe I am not good at it I just lucky that time what if my abilities go away from me after a while to make sure I still possess the abilities I have I gotta keep repeating the same stuff it doesn't stop with only one time once I am done repeating and get the reassurance I wanted another thought enters my mind these thoughts constantly keep me worrying about the same thing no matter how many times I reassure myself I keep getting them in my mind its not always about the same thing I have been having ocd since I was little I didn't know it was ocd I would rituals like skipping every odd step in stairs I was led to thinking these would keep bad things from happening by my mind and it was so stupid and my friends would make fun of me for that I needed to stop and these thoughts stopped coming back I have always had these thoughts but I would say I don't care whatever happens to me I am good with whatever so these thoughts did make me do those things I did now its back again I seem to get these thoughts more when I am alone and not doing anything its not always the same thing my mind wants me to reassure when I get over one another one comes in I cant stop reassuring until I get some reassurance from other people getting reassurance from other people helps me keep these thoughts a little longer than self assurance

exyz

exyz

Hello Fluppyapple:welcome:

My husband has OCD, it is a terrible thing to have.

I'm so sorry that you are struggling with it at the moment.

Are you able to get some support at all for it or do you have anything that helps you to try and get things a bit more under control?

Did not want to read and not reply but to let you know that I hear you.

F

Fluppyapple

Mam I am 22 years old I have always had ocd I recently found that what I am doing is a disorder I am not getting any help from any doctor I am going to study abroad in a month these ocd thoughts don't enter my mind as long as I am doing something to keep me busy ocd is at its worst for me when I am alone and doing nothing if I have something to keep myself busy the ocd is not as worse as it is when I am alone and doing nothing whenever I get ocd thoughts I turn to some games and YouTube because they keep my mind busy and not let ocd thoughts enter my mind my ocd is not always with the same thing when I sort out one thing the ocd switches to another thing for say when I was 15 i had ocd with my computer I always feared something bad would happen to it so I thought doing some rituals would keep it from happening I got ocd with my computer because it was more valuable for me at that time I know it sounds funny having obsession with computer I didn't know it was ocd I was too young to realise that now my ocd is with language I always fear I might not be able to speak as good as I am speaking now it constantly worries me sobi repeat words and make new sentences to reassure myself I watched a video on YouTube yesterday they demonstrated how ocd works there are three areas involved in the brain for normal people the area for recognizing problem when activated as result of a thought will send information to the second area this area is responsible for causing anexity to you until you fix the problem but once the problem is fixed it sends information to the third area this area is what gets rid of that thought something is wrong for ocd people all the three areas are active none of them turns off as result of fixing the problem they are stuck in on position ocd people have to manually convince the brain that everything is OK thanks for the reply knowing someone really cares about me in this world makes me feel happy I haven't had anyone ask such questions to me I am terrible when it comes to socializing and making new friends have a good day mam your reply made my day

I

IHadOCD

dont worry - It is curable

OMG bro, You really need help.. I was just seeing myself struggling with same condition 4 years ago when I was almost dead. And a doctor helped me get out of this OCD, Yes im 95% okay and running a normal life now, I am still taking medications - just a small dose of 10 mg tablet.

This is really curable, you please dont worry. I used to cry a lot , really a lot, 16 hours a day, thinking about the repeated thoughts and its all fine now. Let everything go on its way. You are not reason for anything , It had to happen and it happened. All you are worrying about is two things,

-> Fearing of something that will never happen, but it seem to happen to your eyes
-> Feeling guilty for everything and taking blame to yourself on everything.

I hope its right because its what I exactly had and im almost cured. I was 23 when i realized I have OCD. now I'm 27. Living a happy life, trust me, you will get better soon. I'm here for any kind of suggestions, just send me a PM. Only an OCD person can understand the pain of someone else with OCD. I know the pain, Thats more than killing yourself.

Mam I am 22 years old I have always had ocd I recently found that what I am doing is a disorder I am not getting any help from any doctor I am going to study abroad in a month these ocd thoughts don't enter my mind as long as I am doing something to keep me busy ocd is at its worst for me when I am alone and doing nothing if I have something to keep myself busy the ocd is not as worse as it is when I am alone and doing nothing whenever I get ocd thoughts I turn to some games and YouTube because they keep my mind busy and not let ocd thoughts enter my mind my ocd is not always with the same thing when I sort out one thing the ocd switches to another thing for say when I was 15 i had ocd with my computer I always feared something bad would happen to it so I thought doing some rituals would keep it from happening I got ocd with my computer because it was more valuable for me at that time I know it sounds funny having obsession with computer I didn't know it was ocd I was too young to realise that now my ocd is with language I always fear I might not be able to speak as good as I am speaking now it constantly worries me sobi repeat words and make new sentences to reassure myself I watched a video on YouTube yesterday they demonstrated how ocd works there are three areas involved in the brain for normal people the area for recognizing problem when activated as result of a thought will send information to the second area this area is responsible for causing anexity to you until you fix the problem but once the problem is fixed it sends information to the third area this area is what gets rid of that thought something is wrong for ocd people all the three areas are active none of them turns off as result of fixing the problem they are stuck in on position ocd people have to manually convince the brain that everything is OK thanks for the reply knowing someone really cares about me in this world makes me feel happy I haven't had anyone ask such questions to me I am terrible when it comes to socializing and making new friends have a good day mam your reply made my day

MissAwkward

MissAwkward

I feel your pain!

My OCD thoughts tend to come on the night time, before I go to sleep. I'm perfectly fine through out the day but before I go to sleep; I have to check everything is off, doors are locked, windows are closed and even starting to make sure the downstairs lights are off now? I don't know why, it's started to bug me. Any way, one check doesn't seem to do the job, so I'll keep re-checking things. I'll even ask my partner to re-check the things that I've already checked. Even that doesn't help some nights, I'll get into bed and then my mind will tell me that I need to check everything again. It's annoying.

That being said, I've had a few nights where I've been that exhausted where I've fell asleep without checking things.

Mine all started from a house fire when I was younger. I was woken up by the sounds of the fire alarms going off, the kitchen was up in flames. It started off by checking the cooker and kitchen appliances being off. I don't know how or when other things got added into the mix, though.

I hope you find some help or something to soothe your mind with your thoughts. And I'm so sorry you're going through that.