I have ocd pocd im hearing voices to do with my pocd.

C

Charlie2019

10 minutes ago

I had a bad relapse 2 years ago but now i hear people outside my building everyday talking about me & calling me names to do with my pocd as they walk past.and my neagbors below talking about me faintly again to do with my pocd at night and in the mornings.I beleave the neagbors are talking about me and people outside my building.Ive also been sensing im being followed and watched since coming out of hospital.its became so bad i suspect most people while outside.I also stare at cars and people coming towards me because im terrified.

I only feel calm when i have my headphones on listening to the tv.i havent been out since before christmas and that was only to the nearest shop once a day.And i can only get out on a pushbike its been this way for 15 years.

Do i have schizophrenia ive asked my cpn and the cmht doctor and they say i dont

NWiddi

NWiddi

I'm not a doctor so can't diagnose you but paranoid OCD sounds a lot like paranoid schizophrenia.

Are you on any anti-psychotics or other medication?

C

Charlie2019

Im currently on risperidone 4mg,venlafaxine 300mg,pregabalin 100mg 3 times a day and busipron 5mg 3 times a day.

Whats paranoid ocd is that another ocd theme

NWiddi

NWiddi

Sorry I thought the p in pocd meant paranoid with the symptoms you described.

I'm a voice hearer and have been for nearly three years, currently on 15mg of Aripiprazole and on 4mg of Risperidone.

It's quite common for voices to sound like they're coming from somewhere other than within you like mine are. Before medication I used to hear them in my ears so it sounded like someone was in the room with me but on meds they're just internal like my own thoughts but out of my control.

C

Charlie2019

Ok when i have my headphones on im ok i feel calmer no its not paranoid ocd i have.Its intrusive thoughts and images i hear the voices talking about me to do with the type of ocd i have.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Since you're not hearing another person or persons in your mind I'd say it's just ideas of reference and general paranoia. The link says it comes under the schizophrenia umbrella along with psychosis but you should be protected from most of that with the Risperidone.

The voice I hear is capable of giving me intrusive thoughts and generating images in my mind, mostly when I'm in a car and he gives me thoughts and images of crashing or running over animals or people.

Either way be it schizophrenia or OCD there's not much you can do about it, all you can do is learn to ignore it and find as many coping techniques as you can. I've done Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and ignore my voice as much as possible.

N

Notaround713

Sorry I thought the p in pocd meant paranoid with the symptoms you described.

I'm a voice hearer and have been for nearly three years, currently on 15mg of Aripiprazole and on 4mg of Risperidone.

It's quite common for voices to sound like they're coming from somewhere other than within you like mine are. Before medication I used to hear them in my ears so it sounded like someone was in the room with me but on meds they're just internal like my own thoughts but out of my control.
Hi, I have the same thing. Internal thoughts out of my control.. what helps you? The only thing is mine are connected with something dark/ some force that is trying to hurt me. It scrambles my memories, messed with my senses. Feels like a bad acid trip. It started to clear up not get so dark, but it’s gotten very very bad lately. I’ve had to stay home from work and can’t exercise. Any tips to cope

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I'm still not sure what "pocd" means. What does it stand for? And right now, I know what ocd is but I just can't remember what the ocd stands for either. Never mind....obsessive compulsive disorder just popped into my head.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Hi, I have the same thing. Internal thoughts out of my control.. what helps you? The only thing is mine are connected with something dark/ some force that is trying to hurt me. It scrambles my memories, messed with my senses. Feels like a bad acid trip. It started to clear up not get so dark, but it’s gotten very very bad lately. I’ve had to stay home from work and can’t exercise. Any tips to cope
For me it's the awareness of where these thoughts are coming from that helps me that and just ignoring them as much as possible, and the medication helps a lot too by making the voice I hear and the intrusive thoughts that come with it much weaker than they would be without meds.

I'm still not sure what "pocd" means.
I believe it stands for Pure Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.