• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I have ocd, help

S

Shadow231

hello, i don't know what to do anymore, i have ocd. My form of ocd is touching furniture and various other things. As a young person who was still going to school, for the first time I started to have signs of this hell called ocd. I started to touch the wall a couple of times to feel the obsession disappear. Then, after a while, I kept repeating it all, I was obsessed that if I didn't do these nonsensical compilations, it would not give me peace and I would have the feeling that I did something wrong all the time. My forms changed over time, but they were working on the same form, i.e. "I won't do something, it will be wrong" Over time, my forms of touching things expanded to asking someone the same 3 times or turning the phone on and off many times or counting steps, and it had to be according to some scheme. I am really tired of it, sometimes I have the impression that no one understands me and I do not want to write anything ... I have a very strong feeling that I am down, I imagine some strong images. Please help!

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

welcome x i could have written exactly what you did just here
you are not alone x my ocd improved a little with therapy and meds ,i hope yours does too x

M

MayDay

Complying with the compulsion just feeds into the monster that is OCD. I know it’s super hard to ignore the urges but the more you do it the easier it gets. You can be defiant and talk back. Therapy, medications and coping mechanisms can all help immensely. I’ve done some of these same compulsions as well and I’d get so used to it I wouldn’t realize it. Being defiant like a rebellious teen would be to their parent will starve OCD of its fuel.

S

Shadow231

Complying with the compulsion just feeds into the monster that is OCD. I know it’s super hard to ignore the urges but the more you do it the easier it gets. You can be defiant and talk back. Therapy, medications and coping mechanisms can all help immensely. I’ve done some of these same compulsions as well and I’d get so used to it I wouldn’t realize it. Being defiant like a rebellious teen would be to their parent will starve OCD of its fuel.
welcome x i could have written exactly what you did just here
you are not alone x my ocd improved a little with therapy and meds ,i hope yours does too x
thank you for choosing to help. I will try to describe my problem in more detail. My ocd has always focused on touching things many times up to the correct number in order to eliminate obsession, for example I had to touch something 3 times and then do it again just because I felt such a compulsion. My most obsessions were that if I didn't do the compulsion, it would take all the good times out of my life or something very bad would happen to me. Compulsions even touched the phone when I got up in the morning I had to start one application first to start the other even though I wanted the other way around or I could not take some time to watch a movie on Youtube because something bad would happen. I have been struggling with this disorder for about 5-6 years, My forms of ocd changed over time from touching to turning in the right direction and keeping that direction, it was usually the left side. For example, I could not do something on a given day, for example on that day I can only use the phone and I cannot turn on the computer. The worst thing about this disorder is that when I instinctively do another compulsion, I have to do the whole process all over again, I can go back to the room and touch the furniture many times until the correct number, in short, I fix my obsessions. Everything has to work according to some pattern. Often when I go to sleep I can think if I did everything right if I don't have to get up and do the compulsions again. To make everything clear, my obsession tells me to make compulsions that I waste time on to eliminate them, the worst obsessions are the fear that something will happen to me or that very bad situations will happen. Even thoughts of suicide appear. I wonder where the ocd comes from, I read the forums but so far I have not been able to find the answer how to destroy it.