I have no reason to feel empty yet I do

S

Someone12

Here is the thing. I'm happy in life. I'm working everyday and the only thing that's not going right is my sleep pattern. But this is it and yet I feel empty. I never experienced depression, no suicidal thoughts, no hallucinations. Non of thos. I only have mild anxiety. And yet I'v always felt empty. Weird cause my life is doing great so far. I'm learning new language and how to drive, I'm getting better at drawing, I have a roof on top of my head and I exercise every other day. I have a purpose in life and friends.And yet I'm still feeling empty.Is there something I forgot? What can I do to feel better? Thanks you in advance!

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

bonjoiur and welcome indeed that is strange....however it could be what i call an existential crises- in life there is far more than what we can see. without getting all mystical lol.

i have had this most if not all of my life and my life doesnt have that many boxes ticked so that is understandable why i should be like this i guess. but a spiritual crises doesnt discern this.

its good that you have a greatful attitude but yeah a bit of a mystery.

D

dewey

Well why is your sleep pattern not going right? Do you have disturbed sleep? Insomnia? Strange dreams.
Sleep is linked to hormone levels, hormone levels are linked to mood. So not getting enough sleep will have a bad effect on anyone.

I'm trying to think of a time where I felt both 'happy' and 'empty' at the same time, but I can't. Do you mean you feel both emotions at once? Or at separate points in the day.

As above person wisely said, emptiness can be existential or spiritual.

Some say if you block out your feelings on purpose, you may feel empty. As you have emotions you have not felt. But maybe also that sometimes some feelings are so strong we automatically block them out to protect ourselves from the strong emotions, as a coping mechanism.

How crippling and how frequent is the emptiness?
If it's not that crippling maybe then you could learn to live with it and accept it as part of being human :)

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

sometimes depression doesn't have to have a reason :hug: you might actually have depression without knowing it :hug:

S

Someone12

sometimes depression doesn't have to have a reason :hug: you might actually have depression without knowing it :hug:
Nah... I sat down with myself for a moment a few days ago but... Nah... Cause i was getting bored of my video games but i dont think that's that's. The only symptome i have is the lack of sleep but i have been working out a bit more today and i took a new book so i think it's gonna help!