• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I have no confidence. I hate myself.

S

SweetBipolar

I always hate myself. I don’t know how to change this. I am jealous of other people and their happiness and confidence. I am jealous of my ex boyfriend talking to other girls. Especially younger ones. I don’t want to get any older. I stay in my room all of my life. I don’t see any purpose for me. I am miserable. I can’t talk to anyone. How can I live when I hate myself. I can’t communicate or connect with anyone. I don’t like social media or television. I see everyone has natural confidence and skills in something. I have none. I want to sleep forever.

tabris

tabris

Hello, I'm sorry you're going through this. I know exactly how it is to feel as if everyone around you has it together and you don't. Even if you hate yourself or see no purpose, I promise there is always hope for your life. It sounds like you've gone through a lot, but we are here for you. This is a safe place to talk about your feelings and just lay it all out. ❤

S

SweetBipolar

Hello, I'm sorry you're going through this. I know exactly how it is to feel as if everyone around you has it together and you don't. Even if you hate yourself or see no purpose, I promise there is always hope for your life. It sounds like you've gone through a lot, but we are here for you. This is a safe place to talk about your feelings and just lay it all out. ❤
Thanks you so much!

Fay F

Fay F

I can't say I relate, but I feel empathy for you dear. I don't really want to get any older either... sending hugs.

L

lifecangetbetter

I always hate myself. I don’t know how to change this. I am jealous of other people and their happiness and confidence. I am jealous of my ex boyfriend talking to other girls. Especially younger ones. I don’t want to get any older. I stay in my room all of my life. I don’t see any purpose for me. I am miserable. I can’t talk to anyone. How can I live when I hate myself. I can’t communicate or connect with anyone. I don’t like social media or television. I see everyone has natural confidence and skills in something. I have none. I want to sleep forever.
OMG, you sound exactly like me, except I wish I was older that way I'd be closer to death. I know exactly how you feel. How much do you sleep?

B

Bonbonsmum

Hi there..how old are you..have you been put on any medication. Sending love and warm wishes xxx

M

Mav2126

I feel exactly the way you do. I hope it helps to know there are others out there with the same feelings. I am not sure what we can do about it. I feel broken - how do you put back together a broken person. I have 3 major depressions in my life. The last one was 5 years ago but I think it broke my will to live - even though I am not depressed - I feel like my life is worthless and there is only pain - so why go on? I talk to a therapist and take medication but that doesn't fix the fact that I feel broken and have give up on life. Life is too hard.

ht46

ht46

The crowd looks like they're so happy and successful but it's very superficial, happiness comes from within not by joining a group which mostly elevates anxiety and involves bullying. Don't worry about status and practice being content with yourself and not speculating how you could be better. As Bukowski said "the masses are always wrong, reverse the totality of their learning and you find the heaven they're looking for". Society, social media perpetuates insecurity especially in woman it's ok not to fit the narrative it promotes, it's unrealistic, I try and escape these things I'm mentioning by basically saying "fuckem", say it and say it like you mean it, you deserve to be happy and if its not how society says it should be like "fuckem". Don't compare yourself to others its habit we pick up as children.

J

JeanPierre

A lot of time people who look like they have it together really are suffering insecurities, too.
Do you have an animal? Fish?
I promise you a pet will make a world of difference, enrich your life, instill confidence and get you out of your room.
Tons of love comes your way, every single day, all day. They know when you feel bad.
It's quite amazing. Best luck!

P

pandamom38

Thank you for sharing these thoughts, because I'm in the same boat. I've personally experienced a string of failures and am dealing with many insecurities (including age). We just gotta take it one day at a time and appreciate that we don't have to keep up with appearances/toxic positivity like so many others on social media. I'm watching this thread. :)

A

arkansastraveler

Believe in God. Believe he loves you. If you don't, tell yourself you do. Pray for exactly what you need. Self-love, purpose, and/or confidence. And don't stop praying until it comes.

My heart goes out to you. Good luck.

S

SweetBipolar

Believe in God. Believe he loves you. If you don't, tell yourself you do. Pray for exactly what you need. Self-love, purpose, and/or confidence. And don't stop praying until it comes.

My heart goes out to you. Good luck.
Thank you so much

S

Shay94

I can relate to not having confidence in myself, I think that way all the time in everything I do. People keep telling me to just keep trying, I'll make mistakes but at least I'll know better for next time etc.... but that actually makes me feel worse. Like I get mistakes need to happen in order to grow as life goes on but I cant help wondering if I'm better off being alone & no one else has to deal with me on a daily basis n watch me fail. I pretty much stay at home except for work & thats the only thing in life I feel I'm really good at due to years of being in the industry/being really passionate bout it. My heart goes out to you & I really hope you can find a way thru this, just remember you got all of us here for support <3