I have never received a diagnosis

L

Laurah93

For 16 years I've suffered from the following episodes: I could be sat at home, very calm and very happy. Suddenly I will lose all sense of reality. As if everything around me isn't real. I will then start to violently scream, run around, become incredibly violent, hit and punch. Sometimes I will lose control of my bowel and bladder. These episodes last 15 minutes.
I have been told these are anxiety attacks, but they do not match with the description of a panic attack, and there is never any trigger. In 16 years I have never found anyone with this issue or any description of what's wrong with me. Can anyone shed any light?
Apart from these episodes I am a confident woman with a full time job, with no other signs of mental health issues
I've just been to the doctors for the 100th time who now believe I have epilepsy...

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry that you’re dealing with such a condition.
That’s no way an anxiety attack. It could be one of 2. Either disassociation or derealization. This only guessing. Either way, seeing a mental health professional is very important to get a proper diagnosis.

I am surprised that your doctor believes you have epilepsy. Isn’t epilepsy a type of seizure? I’ve never herd of any case of violence of people with epilepsy.

I hope you feel better soon.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Suddenly I will lose all sense of reality
It could be a rush of Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) produced by your Pineal gland which is like psilocybin which is in magic mushrooms or LSD, I know I lost all sense of reality when it happened to me, in short you were tripping off your own body chemicals.

To counter this you'll need anti-psychotics (Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors) which should stop it happening in the future.