• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I have just bought 10 packets of paracetomol and want to take them

M

mickeymoo

I have just been out and bought 10 packets of a mix of ibuprofen and paracetomal. I am sat here looking at them and want to take them.

I don't think I really want to die but I want to get away from my head which is too busy for me.

I don't know what else to do.

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi Mickeymoo.

I really do understand how utterly dreadful it is to feel so unhappy and desperate for the thoughts to stop, but please just flush the tablets away. I really do think it would be a good idea for you to call your local crisis team, NHS direct 0845 46 47 or the Samaritians 08457 90 90 90.

There are services there are services that can help you in such a time of need. Even if you manage to get through this weekend without calling one of the numbers, you can make an emergancy appointment on monday and your GP will have to give you some extra support.

I promise i so understand the idea of wanting to take tablets to stop the thoughts.

Please take care of yourself this evening, i know easier said than done - but try to get some help, or keep posting on here if you find it distracting enough, there are members who are happy to chat if you feel it would help.

X

keepsafe

keepsafe

Start off by putting the tablets away and ring NHS Direct to speak to someone - they will be able to offer you advice and you should be able to talk to someone there who is qulaified or they can sort something out for you. 0845 4647

You could present at accident & emergency or samaritans - same response as Jo really

Stay safe
KS

M

mickeymoo

I cant phone 0845 numbers from my phone

keepsafe

keepsafe

They are freephone numbers???? 0800 numbers are usually the ones that are blocked.

Anyway please don;t take the tablets - what is the reason you don;t want to be here anymore? Please talk

There isn;t really much going back if you swallow all those packets of tablets. Why dont you present at accident & emergency and they will get a psychiatrist or a trained mental health nurse to come and talk to you.

KS

Last edited:
S

*Sapphire*

Hi mickeymoo, have you been given the number of your local crisis team? If not if you call your local mental health team they might give a number on a voicemail for an out of hours service of some kind. Please try to keep yourself safe.

M

mickeymoo

I only have a mobile due to runningup massive phone bills. I can only ring normal landlines and mobiles from it.

I have been floating around with bundles of energy and a fab mood the last few weeks (poss due to anti-depressant.#

I phoned my dr and told her I can't keep up with myself and she told me not to be pessimisstic.

I saw my enstranged husband today and he said horrible things and suddenly my mood has dropped to very depressed but I still have loads of energy and need to do something.

I feel like nobody can or doesn't want to help me

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there,

The Sams also have an online service where you can e-mail them (though I've heard that it's not necesarily an immediate response... you could give it a go at www.samaritans.org Remember that things do pass even if they feel like they never will and take care.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
We want to help :)

M

mickeymoo

I havent been given the crisis team number yet because I am still waiting for a referral

Jo1760

Jo1760

Mickeymoo,

Honeyquince was so right when she said things pass and get better, even though you would never imagine they would right now.

If your not able to call any of the helpline numbers, maybe going to A & E would be the next best step. They are likely to have a duty pdoc, who will be able to help you. It could also be the case that after having seen them, you will be able to get crisis team / home team support arranged immediately - without having to wait for your GP.

Crisis team not only support but they also have the ability to perscribe medication and increase if it is felt that would help. Someones they perscribe things GP's dont generally. Which may help in the long term.

This is a number for a service called crisis line: 0800 028 8000. i am not sure if you need to already but under the CT help to call them, i imagine not as it can be used in the event of a psychiatric emergency. I might be worth giving them a call.

Take care of yourself.

Wendy

Wendy

Hi mickymoo

Hello how are you feeling now?
Wendy x:grouphug:

S

suzy

noooo don't take the tablets

10 packets? you must have been to quite a few shops!

Don't take an overdose, no no no