• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I have Entomophobia (fear of bugs) and people think it is a joke

T

Tom2020

Nobody takes my phobia seriously and they laugh at me for it. Sick of it.

H

Headingtothelight

Am shit scared of spiders!!! if there’s one in my room i move rooms n sleep in the couch i haaaate bugs n if people laugh at u for it just throw a rock at them 🥳

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Although not terrified of bugs but i wouldnt willingly touch one. But i have a real phobia of worms nd people think its a silly phobia. You have my full sympathy a phobia is not just being scared of something but of it terrifying you.

jajingna

jajingna

I have a bit of a phone phobia sometimes. My brother thought that was amusing like it's not a real thing.

K

khuang

That’s the thing with any phobia that isn’t extremely common. People don’t understand the dread seeing a certain thing can bring to some people. I myself am terrified of taxidermy and I don’t think anyone in my biology class understood the very real panic attack I had after that year’s senior prank which involved moving around the stuffed animal in the lab and even attaching a couple on the ceiling. Well there was this turtle which had its neck sticking straight up that usually was behind the glass of the cabinet but the seniors put it on the ceiling and I just happened to be the student in my class that sat directly beneath where it was placed. I looked up and saw it looking down at me directly in my eyes and I had a huge panic attack and ran out of the room with my stuff and I refused to go back in. I think I was even hyperventilating and I was shaking pretty badly. Phobias aren’t always easy to explain and to some they just seem silly.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Tom. I am really scared of bugs too. I dread the summer as more bugs are around. I am sorry people do not take your fear seriously.

K

khuang

I’m only terrified of scorpions. Bees, hornets, and wasps make me uneasy but I don’t really go into flight mode whenever I see them.

jajingna

jajingna

God, I hope to never see a scorpion up close, those are scary looking buggers. No interest in seeing a snake either.

T

Tom2020

Hello Tom. I am really scared of bugs too. I dread the summer as more bugs are around. I am sorry people do not take your fear seriously.
Thanks. Get me angry people think It is a joke. Actually today my cousin said my fear is embarrassing. Wtf

bpd2020

bpd2020

Thanks. Get me angry people think It is a joke. Actually today my cousin said my fear is embarrassing. Wtf
That is a really ignorant comment from your cousin. Many people fear bugs. It is very common.

Q

queerghost

Nobody takes my phobia seriously and they laugh at me for it. Sick of it.
I feel you, my family and anyone really who is with me when there is a bug around has said that it’s ridiculous and has laughed at me. If you see a therapist, talk to them about it and just know that your fear is valid and that you don’t have to explain why you feel how you feel to anyone.