• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I have discontinued treatment and I am lying about it,

H

Hello513Zombie

I have no faith in the mental health field. Zero zipzilch. So I have discontinued treatment, and actually I don't believe I will ever hear the voices again.

Frankly I don't think they have a clue what they are doing. They avoid confronting the delusions and frankly the only thing that helps stop the voices is directly confronting the delusions which I had to do on my own.

I have zero confidence in the mental health field. The delusions should be confronted if there is a hope for recovery, and it seems like they ignore permanent remission and recovery.

I am tired of this crap. From now on if I am confronted by voices or delusions I intend to demand evidence or tell them to shut the hell up.

Since discontiunig treatement this has worked, and I believe it will continue to work.

However I am lying about it to people. I think the faith put into mental health treatment is poor as all hell. The results are poor. They don't return to normal life so what is the damn point of it. If you cannot return me to normal life I dont want your help.

I don't care how they rationalize it they are not treating the disease they are circumventing it. Its a waste of time. Only directly confronting the delusions as lies can help. Circumventing that fact is a waste of my damn time.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I understand where you're coming from, I could never personally recommend coming off medication without the support of your prescribing doctor but if that's your intention I wish you all the best.

For me the medication reduces the volume and intensity of my voice to a bearable level and without them I wouldn't be able to function plus my voice learned to assault my senses and do other terrible things so I guess I'm on them for life in order to protect myself.

Whatever you decide to do we're here to support you.

May I ask what delusions you've had? My voice has played no end of tricks on me and my sense of reality in the past in many different ways, he used me as his own personal plaything and I may never forgive him for that.

H

Hello513Zombie

I understand where you're coming from, I could never personally recommend coming off medication without the support of your prescribing doctor but if that's your intention I wish you all the best.

For me the medication reduces the volume and intensity of my voice to a bearable level and without them I wouldn't be able to function plus my voice learned to assault my senses and do other terrible things so I guess I'm on them for life in order to protect myself.

May I ask what delusions you've had? My voice has played no end of tricks on me and my sense of reality in the past in many different ways, he used me as his own personal plaything and I may never forgive him for that.

That I was Christ, destined for the stars, a former lover from a past life, the anti Christ, and or the devil

H

Hello513Zombie

I too will never forgive them. They ruined my life. I will defeat them if it is the last damn thing I do.

EdEd

EdEd

That's the right type of attitude. Legit , I feel the same way entirely.

EdEd

EdEd

I think we all feel the same way , no one wants to hear these sounds , or voices we all ask them to go away , to stop. To leave us alone but so far it doesn't seem to work.

L

linus

Of course you should confront thoughts, delusions, critical thinking is the way to move forward. The problem is that what has been observed is that people during an acute psychotic episode are not open to this, they find the persons who confront them to be something like against them and those persons become part of those delusions so you get to alienate those people. It’s an emotional battle basically with powerful representation through hallucinations and delusions.
I guess you are in a better place now and you can do what’s best for you, for example I would try some CBT therapy to get even more help.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i agree the on drug recovery is a load of crap, and all you get is exposed to poverty that exacerbates your illness that those psychiatrists then treat with more drugs

but i've never seen people sucesssfully come off drugs or very few,those that have aren't exactly cured any more than the on drug lot, i've seen people off drugs who make me fear for my safety and sometimes for theirs

i suppose that there could be hordes of off drug schitzos wondering the streets keeping quiet about it but either way i have no evidence there are

Weirdnumber

Weirdnumber

I have no faith in the mental health field. Zero zipzilch. So I have discontinued treatment, and actually I don't believe I will ever hear the voices again.

Frankly I don't think they have a clue what they are doing. They avoid confronting the delusions and frankly the only thing that helps stop the voices is directly confronting the delusions which I had to do on my own.

I have zero confidence in the mental health field. The delusions should be confronted if there is a hope for recovery, and it seems like they ignore permanent remission and recovery.

I am tired of this crap. From now on if I am confronted by voices or delusions I intend to demand evidence or tell them to shut the hell up.

Since discontiunig treatement this has worked, and I believe it will continue to work.

However I am lying about it to people. I think the faith put into mental health treatment is poor as all hell. The results are poor. They don't return to normal life so what is the damn point of it. If you cannot return me to normal life I dont want your help.

I don't care how they rationalize it they are not treating the disease they are circumventing it. Its a waste of time. Only directly confronting the delusions as lies can help. Circumventing that fact is a waste of my damn time.
I agree with you when you say that delusions must be confronted, this is the only way to get better. Since I was able to confront my delusions the voices got better and now they are barely understandable and they don't answer to me any more. My doctor seems to not care about delusions: she says that the voices got better because of my meds and maybe they will eventually disappear no matter what I think or believe in, but I'm pretty sure that if I went on believing that I was being followed and that everybody was telepathically talking to me at this point the voices would still be worse. When you believe in something it gets real!

L

linus

Yeap, one shouldn't count on meds only, you should always take care of your thoughts and use critical thinking, introspection, etc.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
STAFF NOTE

• Safety Notice: Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
not so long ago encouraging people to come off meds was tolerated more, when i said people should take meds. i'd regularly get ganged up on, i don't know if theres a new fundholder who needs to be pleased

L

linus

I find the staff’s note well balanced: it’s dangerous to start medicating yourself and in the same way to stop them, there are enough bad stories out there. We’ll talk about meds anyway, because they are already part of our experience and of course we feel the need to compare ourselves with others.
In my country psychiatric meds are so cheap, I can hardly imagine there could be a conspiracy behind those.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I find the staff’s note well balanced: it’s dangerous to start medicating yourself and in the same way to stop them, there are enough bad stories out there. We’ll talk about meds anyway, because they are already part of our experience and of course we feel the need to compare ourselves with others.
In my country psychiatric meds are so cheap, I can hardly imagine there could be a conspiracy behind those.
all i'm saying is that was not the staffs attitude towards the start of mental health forum

H

Hello513Zombie

I find medication has made the psychosis worse

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blog15 Hearing Voices Forum 2
J Hearing Voices Forum 8