• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I have decided I can beat my OCD with hard work and positivity.

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Hey Guys, I have had an amazing 2 weeks. I have been working really hard to defeat my all my problems head on. The main one being alcohol I think has been the root cause of most of my anxiety, seem to have beaten that. My OCD which makes me uncomfortable around people and looking inappropriately at people. Well I have said screw that, and am going to the Supermarket and walking around at busiest time of day, and winning. Totally attacking it now, not letting it upset me, talking about it on zoom meetings, it is in the open now. There is no shame anymore

A lot of my success is keeping my mind active on future projects or jobs around the house. I am no longer sitting in my room ruminating about my problems. My mind is focusing on positive things all the time. If something bad happens I have turned it into a win.

Totally change in my attitude. Setting goals. My latest goal I have set today and that is to get back to employed work by this time next year. I'm not giving up, want to get back towards a normal life

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am so happy to hear how positive you sound. You have worked so hard to implement these strategies. You are such a strong person.

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
I think I might have this beat. Sat in a crowded waiting room this morning for 30 minutes totally relaxed. I kept doing my positive affirmatations the whole time. Totally in control of myself. Big win today. I am going to reward myself with a new camcorder, for being a good boy.

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
I have energy to burn tonight. Things are going great, so happy. Everyday is getting better and better. Going to pull my whole bedroom apart tomorrow. Cleaning it properly is going to take days, it will be so good. I have a projector in my room, i am going to fire up again. It throws a 70inch picture, like being at the movies. Getting my computer repaired tomorrow. So I am just going to plug a roku into the projector , used to work well.

Lots of goals, my mind is to busy to worry about stupid shit. My confidence is rebuilding it's self. At this rate I will have a tonight show by the end of the year.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
It’s so true that having a plosives attitude can make such a difference but is very hard if depressed but if you push yourself just to go for a short walk it will help. Like you to combat my depression ive been walking and gardening. Good luck with the bedroom cleaning Ed. Ive to tackle mine after the boiler mans gone

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Plugged in my projector. Can't remember how to adjust the screen. It is a bit crooked, but bloody massive picture. Plugged in an old roku, got Netflix up and running