• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I have bipolar disorder and have been denied from disability benefits, what should I do ?

J

jacobnguyen8485

I have bipolar disorder and have been denied from disability benefits, what should I do ?

I have bipolar disorder and have been trying for years to apply for disability benefits. Since 2012. I recently had a hearing in october 2017 and I got the decision letter from the judge about 5 days before christmas and the judge denied me. The judge told me there wasn't enough evidence and says it is useless and that if I tried again with the same documentation then it will get denied immediately. I have doctors documentation stating that I can't work and an attorney but it still wasn't enough to help me. What should I do ??

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Hi there go to the citizens advice bureau they can help with this sort of thing.
You can self refer for a sociial worker.

P

pepsimaxfan

Ask for a copy of your medical records, you're entitled to them, but your GP might charge you a small fee, like £20 or something, that would help if you have problems dating back years.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Anticipated and experienced discrimination amongst people with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
G Formal investigation into my lack of disclosure about my bipolar disorder. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
C Bipolar and PIP application Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 21
J Stopped from seeing my kids because I'm bipolar, is this even legal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
L Bipolar and going back to work in IT or possible career change Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
B DLA for bipolar - lenght of the award? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S Need help with benefits (Personality Disorder NOS) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S Schizoaffective disorder and being placed in the employment related ESA group Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
porkpie Schizoaffective disorder and ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
N step son with comlizon disorder Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S I've never been independent. I live with parents & scared for parents to die & my future scares me. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
N I’ve been awarded high mob - high care until 2025. Without face to face. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
N I've been told I won't have to attend PIP face-to-face. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
charlie says Been awarded standard rate pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
M Been cut off from ESA.... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 43
W Anyone else been paid ESA early? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 31
S Been awarded PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 55
C Can you get PIP if you haven't been assessed for ESA yet? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
cpuusage The UN Report into UK Government maltreatment of disabled people has been published Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
cpuusage Another homeless person has been found dead on the streets of Milton Keynes Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
J Been sent a letter about ''severe disability premium'. What is it?! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
D Been on ESA trial phase since June 2013. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S anybody been awarded pip for bi polar Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
P Wrag group been to work focus group - bit of a rant and question! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Artmuzz I've been awarded income related ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
J Been put on a ''work programme''. What on earth is it? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
L Have been placed in support group Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
A The UK government has been taking 'advice' from a discredited US insurance company known for 'disability denial' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
mckeo5514 Been accepted for mphil Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
I Its been over a month since sending ESA50 back and heard nothing. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
D I've been waiting for an answer to esa medical Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
worrymuffin shit. been stupid. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Artmuzz I've been awarded DLA (Mobility Lower rate) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
BillFish Been given a second new life now bebt free Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
P been easily 14 weeks and no word Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
B Help please my benefits have been stopped Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
Artmuzz I've been put on WRAG without assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
midnite Been trying to open a bank account for 10 years and STILL CANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
D HELP! Been taken OFF ESA! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 28
P Another Medical Before My Appeal Has Been Heard. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
J Been acepted into University! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
M finally been awarded dla! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
A whats the longest you've been awarded ESA? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
V Been sent a limited capability for work assessment... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
Z I have been on esa over 365 days Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
greenfairy Just been dismissed while signed off sick! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
A PLEASE HELP! had been signed off work related stress have been back for 8 days and feeling the same as i did before if not worse! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
M been told ive not been awarded DVL Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
R been given 0 points on esa when im on DLA and have been told i should of had roughly 119 points Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
E has anyone been asked to show your sh scars during a medical? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7