• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I have bipolar 2 he has bipolar 1

A

Alora78

Ok this is long...So I have been talking to someone for about 5 months we already knew each other. Right now we are long distance he is moving back home sometime this summer.
He is under a lot of stress right now. He seems to push me away or act one day and a few days later another. I think knowing we can't see each other makes this harder of course. But on new yrs I told him I was taking a step back I was just feeling things were off. He has told me he loves me all kinds of stuff. I had feelings before so was easy for them to come back.
So he wrote me later surprisingly trying to talk I'm guessing. Then he goes in to he is at the edge with everything etc I asked him what exactly he meant. Then he was beating around the bush and I jokingly like I do said god I can't stand you sometimes. After that he blew up told me he was done. I was hindering not helping, causing chaos in his life, that he told me he was in pain and I wouldn't listen, he told me to back off which he didnt, he just said very hurtful things and how he was about to erupt. Then he goes in to saying just stupid stuff like all I care about is clothes, I should go pretend I have it bad just ridiculous stuff.
I have mental health issues I'm treated and been ok lately besides some depression. He is treated but I think needs an adjustment on his meds. I don't believe he meant what he said I think he just ended up having a breakdown. It may not have even been about me but he took it out on me. I told him I was backing off and he's just a mean person. That was our last interaction.

It has now been a month and neither of us has contacted each other. I do think I completely overreacted to a lot of stuff and to blame also. But no excuse for his actions. I try and be sympathetic since I know how bipolar can be. I feel its best to leave it alone but I also don't want to abandon him I care tremendously.
That being said I really feel like he has to be ashamed and feel bad but his silence is making me think otherwise. But then again I'm doing the same.

Guess I'm wanting to share for some advice and if I should ever reach out, be done, give time? I have just been having a hard time with it and both of our issues together probably aren't a good mix.

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

i think give him one more chance, and if he doesnt listen, then give him up on him. at least you tried

A

ash_whole

I'm sorry you are losing.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Would love some help/advice understanding my first experience with someone who has bipolar - Bipolar Forum 21
T My Cousin has bipolar disorder and is a life threat to his parents Bipolar Forum 3
M My on/off partner has shown all signs of bipolar, and I need help & advice please Bipolar Forum 7
T Has rationialism hurt Bipolar understanding? Bipolar Forum 14
B Has anyone noticed reduced fitness since taking bipolar med? Bipolar Forum 17
S Help My Husband has Bipolar and I dont know what to do Bipolar Forum 5
jb5784 Has Bipolar Interrupted Your Education? Bipolar Forum 10
S My husband has bipolar need advice Bipolar Forum 1
B My mum has bipolar Bipolar Forum 8
Kerome Stephen Fry has bipolar I... Bipolar Forum 6
Kerome Mariah Carey reveals she has bipolar Bipolar Forum 9
R He has bipolar, I have GAD Bipolar Forum 4
A Mom has Bipolar Depression and she won't do anything about it... what now? Bipolar Forum 3
R bipolar spouses, how long has your partner not spoken to you for..? Bipolar Forum 10
F Study suggests bipolar disorder has genetic links to autism Bipolar Forum 3
B My girlfriend has bipolar Bipolar Forum 4
rasselas.redux 'Sex is my medicine, I've chased it all my life': Single mother, 47, uses orgasms to cure bipolar disorder but admits 'going after other men' has wrec Bipolar Forum 8
A what good things has bipolar given you? Bipolar Forum 17
H Has anyone been diagnosed with BPD and bipolar?? Bipolar Forum 5
K It's pointless arguing with someone who has bipolar Bipolar Forum 28
S Helen Flanagan has bipolar Bipolar Forum 54
rasselas.redux A Dreadful Blackness Has Descended Upon the Bipolar Section and It's Giving Me the Heeby-jeebies Bipolar Forum 52
B new to forum...has anyone tried lithium orotate for bipolar...please reply Bipolar Forum 3
A I believe my sister has bipolar disorder - does she need sectioned into a hospital? Bipolar Forum 1
A Linda Hamilton says she has bipolar disorder? Bipolar Forum 2
M Has the way your bipolar been treated made you reluctant to consult your G.P on other health issues. Bipolar Forum 11
C Bipolar Bipolar Forum 6
B Severe bipolar Bipolar Forum 18
R Bipolar and pregnant.... Work life anxiety?? Bipolar Forum 10
P Sleep and Bipolar Bipolar Forum 12
B Opioid use and bipolar? Bipolar Forum 10
S Bipolar, alcohol and pot Bipolar Forum 27
H co-occurring bipolar & adhd: what meds/lifestyle/habits work for you? Bipolar Forum 12
S How long in a new relationship do I tell her I am bipolar Bipolar Forum 10
S Children of Bipolar Bipolar Forum 21
D Cyclothymia into bipolar Bipolar Forum 9
E Bipolar spouse never rests Bipolar Forum 18
J Being a better friend to my bipolar friends Bipolar Forum 2
M Any good book/literature that talks about Bipolar syndrome ? Bipolar Forum 13
T I've found the cure for Bipolar Bipolar Forum 8
T Antidepressants and Bipolar 1 & 2 Bipolar Forum 13
Talula67 Recommended reading re- Recent Bipolar diagnosis please. Bipolar Forum 9
C Hi everyone my name is ... and I have bipolar disorder. Intro Bipolar Forum 6
G My nephew, Bipolar Bipolar Forum 53
M Sleep disorder tied to Bipolar 2? Help Bipolar Forum 59
H Supporting possible bipolar partner Bipolar Forum 18
I Bipolar II Diagnosis Uncertainty/Confusion/Concern Bipolar Forum 36
C PTSD or BIPOLAR ? Bipolar Forum 4
C Anyone on the Autism spectrum and have Bipolar and how do the 2 interact for you? Bipolar Forum 2
N Bipolar and pregnancy advice? Bipolar Forum 5