• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I have bi polar and i feel like i can never live a normal life

T

Tom2020

I feel like killing myself right now. I have a job interview on Tuesday and I am going through one of my dark depressive moods for a week and I am having a hard time getting out of it. I do not feel like going on Tuesday. I do not feel mentally sane to do it lately. To do anything. I have not felt mentally well in week. But I need to go. I am running out of money and need to eat. I just want to be normal and outgoing and live my life. Have no mental problems. Be at peace. How do I snap out of it. It comes and goes. But for a week, comes more often. Maybe because christmas is coming. No idea. But I need to feel better.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Taking a break
you dont have to do the interview in any certain way. do it the way your body wants to do it. if you have low serotonin then do it quietly and slowly and peacefully. you dont have to force yourself to be a different way. surrender your mind and give your body what it wants. be and act as your body naturally wants your mind to be and act. perhaps the interview will go even better that way. you never know. perhaps they will prefer you in a slower mood as opposed to being all bubbly and hyper like everyone else. which can get annoying after awhile. your lower mood might be a breath of fresh air for them. and it might help lift you out of that a bit too.

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
I find i have days or weeks where i sleep more and feel lower too. Then it is easier for a while. It makes if very hard to hold down a job. Going for an interview when you are not feeling yourself is going to take a lot of effort but you can do it. Is it in the morning or later in the day?

Maybe if you get up early, shower, get a walk, some sunlight, and try and wake up a bit beforehand. Get your interview outfit ready now so it is all done for the day. Maybe eat a good meal, i find a good meal like a roast dinner, makes me feel more awake and well. Can you go to someone's house for a meal?

You have to go for the interview you said, so do everything possible now to make sure you are as well as possible. Good luck, you can do it, i have done it, very hard, but somehow that extra bit of energy can be faked temporarily.

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having such a tuff time, I can really relate to how hard it can be just to make it through the day sometime. I think Tawny had some good advice about getting out for a walk and just getting some fresh air. I know when you're stuck in a rut you don't feel like doing anything, but just getting up and moving around can really help. I wish you the best of luck in your interview and hope you feel better soon!

T

Tom2020

I find i have days or weeks where i sleep more and feel lower too. Then it is easier for a while. It makes if very hard to hold down a job. Going for an interview when you are not feeling yourself is going to take a lot of effort but you can do it. Is it in the morning or later in the day?

Maybe if you get up early, shower, get a walk, some sunlight, and try and wake up a bit beforehand. Get your interview outfit ready now so it is all done for the day. Maybe eat a good meal, i find a good meal like a roast dinner, makes me feel more awake and well. Can you go to someone's house for a meal?

You have to go for the interview you said, so do everything possible now to make sure you are as well as possible. Good luck, you can do it, i have done it, very hard, but somehow that extra bit of energy can be faked temporarily.
I have been sleeping a lot, lately. I did not think that can caused me to feel lower. I always thought the more sleeping, the better. But that can be right for me, also. Back when I sleep normal times, I felt saner and better. Felt alive. More optimistic. Now u feel dead. I feel weak. I feel down and gloomy. My mood shifts more. My anxiety is off the chart.

I am going to try to push myself and go. I already skipped the last time (a few days ago). The interview on Tuesday is my 2nd attempt. I rescheduled. I want to go. I would feel like a loser if I do not

T

Tom2020

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having such a tuff time, I can really relate to how hard it can be just to make it through the day sometime. I think Tawny had some good advice about getting out for a walk and just getting some fresh air. I know when you're stuck in a rut you don't feel like doing anything, but just getting up and moving around can really help. I wish you the best of luck in your interview and hope you feel better soon!
Yeah. I do need fresh air. I have been sleeping all day and not going anywhere for a week and a half. I would feel better going. I am going to try...

h_put2021

h_put2021

Yeah. I do need fresh air. I have been sleeping all day and not going anywhere for a week and a half. I would feel better going. I am going to try...
Yes -- fresh air for sure. Trust me - you do not wanna kill yourself. I was just recently hospitalized for overdose and it's not worth it. I know with Bipolar it's easier said than done with these things, but trust me. If you can hang on for one more day, one more hour, please do it <3