• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

i have been trouble . please help!

B

benrth

kindly allow me to briefly explain my background. When I was a child, one of my parent was a tyrant and a control freak and both parents were constantly fighting . To add to my woes, classmates bullied me in school too. As one can imagine, my childhood was a tragic disaster.

My mental health took a blow in my teens. I started to pluck hair and laugh/talk silently without reason. I still do the latter. I went to two psychiatrists in the recent times and both ruled out schizophrenia since i dont have positive symptoms such as hallucinations, voices etc.
There are however, a few cases of schizophrenia in my relatives.

I now live in another country, severed ties with parents, but my miserable past still haunts me. Iam unable to deeply bond with people and I occasionally become angry when supervisor at work tells me what to do. Iam very self critical , set myself some silly and strict rules that make me miserable and reduce enjoyment in life. I get mild panic when talking to some people, especially superiors. Iam unable to impress people, even though iam technically good in what I do. I tend to annoy people, especially superiors.

On a positive side, my problems are not as severe as they used to be some years ago.If my problems are permanently rectified or atleast if their severity is reduced, it would be wonderful. Please suggest me how to go about this.

A

Ainsworth

:welcome: benrth

have you done any type of counselling to help with your past?

B

benrth

yes i have een in counsellings, i was suggeseted that i have to goto behaviour therapy.

A

Ainsworth

CBT? is this something you want to do?

i tried this but i wasnt in a place to accept how to change things and how to think, i still havent dealt with all the things from my past.

being at A and then going to C was too big a step for me, im starting counselling again soon and then hopefully i will have another go at it.

A

AuroraBlues

Last edited:
B

benrth

thanks for the link. i registered to one of the CBT based courses from that link.
I need to get rid of this problem asap as my relationship with my superior at work has turned sour.It is fully my fault,must correct myself or will get fired!.

D

Devon

Sounds like the story of my life.

B

benrth

Devon:

sad to hear that we are in the same boat. have you had successes in breaking away from your past?. if yes, can you please throw some light on how you achieved it?.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
iodines Personality Disorders Forum 10
angry butterfly Personality Disorders Forum 10