• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I have Agoraphobia because of the pandemic.

C

ctbo

for the last few weeks i have not left my home I am scared to go for a walk even with a mask on and 6 or more feet away in fear of the pandemic.I take paxil 20mg for depression and anxiety but no i shake alot.I am so scared for this that i wont go out i even have a mask on in my home around other family members.I really dont know what to do I called my doc to see what he will do waiting for a call back but even if he ups my meds to s stronger does that wont make me go out they do phone appts now.I feel so lost and a family memember told me to snap out of it and I cant.If there was no pandemic i wouldnt be like this please help i cant stand being like this but I cant control it.

T

ThunderandLightning

You’ll be alright. I’ve not been able to go outside way before this corona virus. It’s not even a concern for me. But I know everyone’s different. Hang in there & wash your hands regularly.

J

JuniperLee

I joined this forum because I have found myself in the same position. Today, I went to Walmart (that’s a huge step for me as I don’t usually go out anyway and just stay home). Then there were some people who didn’t follow the rules and I was physically bumped into and surrounded by people and I panicked. Full on panic attack. I got home and realized that this virus has put a new spin on my already strange mental health issues. I’m so paranoid. So while I have no advice, just know you’re not the only one. But this just validated my fears and it’s probably not a good thing..