I have a stupid question.....It takes a while to get there, but bear with me please

Poppy2014

Poppy2014

I have a stupid question.....It takes a while to get there, but bear with me please

It's not often someone throws me but occasionally even I can be side swiped.

I've been seeing a therapist (John) who I chose due to the type of therapy he offered and the promise I'd made that the next time I chose a therapist to work with it would be someone out of my normal comfort zone.

I've seen the guy 8 times now and can't get passed the superficial, I'd get more benefit from talking to folks on here than I have from him. I don't know why, he seems a reasonable enough bloke, happy, smiling, very interested in my life, work, family, illness, anything bar what I want to deal with.

(I'm getting to the question.. soon I promise :whistle:)

Anyway yesterday I had my final session with him, I'm working with a neuropsychotherapist and you can't work 27th 2 therapist at the same time. So he wad the one to go.

We were talking about books, I noticed he had a lot and front and centre right in the middle of the bookcase where you couldn't miss it was a book called "The rise and fall of the third Reich". Now don't get me wrong I have books about the war examining it from from both sides, I firmly believe you should look at both sides of philosophical questions and not everyone was good or evil.

He then said to me
Yes Hitler is the man I most admire, his charisma and self belief were second to none, there will never be anyone you can admire more for getting to the top of his job and encouraging all those people to become something so very different to their own natural beliefs. He was a great master. He then said he actually believed a lot of the Germans, especially the SS were this type of person anyway and Hitler just gave them permission to act on it.

Now in some ways I understand what he meant but I felt this was an inappropriate comment and certainly not something up for discussion in therapy when he knows my back story of charismatic people and abuse

He got onto Genghis Khan, Waco and Jones Island, saying most of the prolific charismatic people in history were on the bad side of life. I just felt very uncomfortable and certainly very glad I'm made the decision I'm not going back after Christmas. I'm hoping Kirsty will have dealt with what I needed to see him for.

So: Answers on a postcard please.
Was this an appropriate comment to make in therapy when he knew my back history included charismatic men and abuse. Or am I just being over sensitive because of the back history. And, is it appropriate to then go on and say when I go back (even though I've decided I'm not) after Christmas we will develop this type of bonding in the therapeutic relationship?

ps. I didn't tell him I wasn't going back, I think at the time I was still a bit stumped

Thank you
Poppy xx

Resourceperson

Resourceperson

Hitler was seriously sick. Your therapist likewise.

claude

claude

Report this incident to his supervising body! That's fucked up. Why would someone who has admiration for a fascist racist eugenicist be working with vulnerable people? I would seriously worry about the advice that he would give to people in distress. I am disturbed by this. It must have been a really horrible encounter for you

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Report this incident to his supervising body! That's fucked up. Why would someone who has admiration for a fascist racist eugenicist be working with vulnerable people? I would seriously worry about the advice that he would give to people in distress. I am disturbed by this. It must have been a really horrible encounter for you
Oh I wouldn't be surprised by anything. I had a support worker who once told me that white people should have their heads chopped off for racist remarks.

Anyway I wasn't being racist I was trying to have a "sensible conversation" with him about why he thought that because I don't have any paintings of black women that I was racist. Anyway I asked for somebody else to support me the next day instead as he was obsessed and kept going on about how white people are all racists.

C

Clandestine Rob

Hitler was seriously sick. Your therapist likewise.
Hitler was on daily methamphetamine injections... something I quite envy.. explains his ridiculous long speeches and a sense of power maybe did ooze from him in the form of physical, neurophysiology and psychological over stimulation which may have just been seen as an energetic fuzz glowing round him.. ... I’ve no sympathy for the twat at all... just notice certain things that mainstream news and all the rest of it fail to report about