I have a question

A

Amber1964

Does anyone have DID and other diagnosis? I have DID, CPTSD and major depressive disorder.

calypso

calypso

Admin
There are other people with DID on here and it usually creates other problems so I would suspect that they would have other diagnoses. I hope you can find others to relate with on here. I am diagnosed with bipolar so not able to help I'm afraid.

L

Lunar Lady

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.

Sorry, I can't help but I'll leave the link here for other people who haven't heard of DID (
Dissociative identity disorder) x

Dissociative disorders

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi Amber.I was diagnosed with DID and PTSD.Ive recovered from DID and no longer have that diagnosis but I do really struggle with PTSD.

Heidrun

Heidrun

Hi Amber.I was diagnosed with DID and PTSD.Ive recovered from DID and no longer have that diagnosis but I do really struggle with PTSD.
Maybe a bold question but how did you recover from DID? How hard is it to recover?

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Maybe a bold question but how did you recover from DID? How hard is it to recover?
With years of therapy and working on/processing all the traumas that caused it to develop in the first place.I reached complete integration.its extremely hard to recover from but it's possible

A

Amber1964

I do have DID, and CPTSD. I have been in therapy for awhile. I'm working though the trauma. But it's hard. My therapist , Judy specialize in trauma. Thank you all for your help. And, support I don't feel so alone.

Heidrun

Heidrun

I do have DID, and CPTSD. I have been in therapy for awhile. I'm working though the trauma. But it's hard. My therapist , Judy specialize in trauma. Thank you all for your help. And, support I don't feel so alone.
Best of luck to you!

Heidrun

Heidrun

Were you told which dissociative disorder you have?You don't have to say,im just curious
DD-NOS (that's what it is official), I am still trying to figure out with my therapist/psychologist what it actually is. To me it seems like I have the symptoms of all of the kinds but not as severe as people who are diagnosed with the specific ones (I think?!?). So I experience depersonalisation, derealisation some amnesia and I have struggles with internal "me's" but definitely not DID (since I don't think I had alters in my past, but ye amnesia is the problem there [don't remember anything]). I guess I am in a starting phase because I do not know as much about myself as the people here and I hope to know more in the future (and because of therapy and talking to my psychologist it really helps out to figure myself out more and more). I guess it's also related to my cPTSD and the signs of paranoia.
If I may ask you a question, what are your struggles with PTSD?

Heidrun

Heidrun

Coming to the forum and seeing that other people struggle with these things as well did a great lot to me, feeling not alone was definitely a positive effect on me. Praise the forum! :)

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

@Heidrun

If I may ask you a question, what are your struggles with PTSD
I get triggered easily and pretty often.Then my PTSD symptoms go into high gear and I really struggle and spiral downward.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

What are the symptoms that come with that and how do you cope with them? Do you mind elaborating?
My symptoms depend on what the trigger is and which trauma/type of trauma it relates to.Each one has it's own set of symptoms.Some triggers cause anxiety and panic,some feeling worthless and useless and like I don't even deserve to be alive.Some anger and rage.Some such tremendous fear and nobody feels safe and I need to isolate from the world.

There's too many different symptoms I get to list them all really.I just deal with them the best I can.I meditate,practice self care,try to do things that are calming.And also use medical marijuana.