• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

I have a major sleep problem

G

George10111

I don’t fall asleep until 5-7 AM. The sun is coming up by the time I’m falling asleep. I’ve been trying to get it back on track for months now. I usually wake up around 11 or noon. I have a therapy session at 7:15 in the AM next week. How I’ll swing that one will be interesting. I did feel a hell of a lot better the earlier I got to bed. I realize why I’m so damn tired all the time but my anxiety is extremely high so I don’t pass out till I’m exhausted even tho I lay in bed 3 hours before falling asleep

Mario82

Mario82

Join the club mate. I am 38 and don't think I have been in a good sleeping pattern for more than 3 weeks stretches since I was 19. It's impossible isn't it?

You need to try to stay awake all day one day to reset your pattern, which I know is very hard,

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

Oh, so relatable. My insomnia is at its worst during the summer months.
Can really kick you in the teeth.

G

George10111

I get blasted with kava, one of the most sedating herbs in nature, and I fall asleep for short periods but I don’t truly fall asleep till 5-6. Today it was 8

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

I get blasted with kava, one of the most sedating herbs in nature, and I fall asleep for short periods but I don’t truly fall asleep till 5-6. Today it was 8
Haven’t heard of kava before. Effective?

G

George10111

It is for people with normal tolerances. I have a very big tolerance but the problem is, my stomach hates it but it’s the only thing that’s safe enough to use every day

J

JCPraha

Getting good sleep is quite important but can be difficult. I have had problems sleeping myself and it is dreadful. I cannot sleep and feel anxious. Then it gets to the point where I am afraid to try and go to sleep because I know I will just lie there in bed and not sleep. It is really a terrible feeling. In my case it is caused by anxiety, which is a horrible feeling in and of itself.

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

It is for people with normal tolerances. I have a very big tolerance but the problem is, my stomach hates it but it’s the only thing that’s safe enough to use every day
This will be googled.

K

Kiingyee

Sometimes it doesn't even feel like sleep, i miss good sleep.

J

JCPraha

Melatonin sometimes helps me to sleep better. I'm not sure if anyone else uses it, but it helps me.

C

ctbo

Getting good sleep is quite important but can be difficult. I have had problems sleeping myself and it is dreadful. I cannot sleep and feel anxious. Then it gets to the point where I am afraid to try and go to sleep because I know I will just lie there in bed and not sleep. It is really a terrible feeling. In my case it is caused by anxiety, which is a horrible feeling in and of itself.
i cant sleep because anxiety i sleep an hour wake up for 2 or 3 hours then sleep a half hour then wake up sleeping 3 or 4 hours a nite .have you found anything to help?

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

I take about 3 hours to go to sleep. Then I sleep reasonably ok for 8 hours, but often have bad dreams. But when I wake, that is when I feel the most tired and f*ucked-up in the whole day.
Takes at least an hour to get up to speed. I've been like this for many years and nothing helps much.

S

sadgirl

Have you spoken to your doctor about the situation he /she will be able to help you with this maybe even prescribe medication for you

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

I am diagnosed as having a condition called Non-24 (see Google - many hits), which may not be "fully accurate", but the only suggested treatments are melatonin and daylight, neither of which do much for me. I was a nite-owl even when I was 5 years old.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Me too.

I've always been a night owl anyway but I'm caught in exactly the same sleep pattern of being awake all night and catching a few hours from 5.30 am to 11.00 am.

I'm on an extremely high dose of steroid medication right now which is making it even worse. :doh:

I don't worry about it any more. Just go with the flow x