I have a lot of anxiety but I shouldn't.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I shouldn't because I'm very very good at doing interviews. I was the best in high school to do my interview. I've done many and gotten every job that I have interviewed for. They have said I'm good at it. I'm freaking out because I have an interview tomorrow for a job that I want to do for the rest of my life. I hope I get the job but I'm very nervous. I'm so scared. And worried that I'm going to fail. If I fail I don't know what to do. I have my outfit picked out. A copy of my résumé and cover letter. All I need to do is try on my shoes and get pantyhose and then get up early and go in the morning.

I'm so scared and so nervous. But I hope I will be okay. I don't mean to toot my own horn and make anyone feel jealous with my post btw. I hope I do good.

pepecat

pepecat

I hope you do good too, Linc - you sound really positive about it, which is great.

A little anxiety is normal - a psych friend of mine said that performance anxiety about things like speaking in public, or an interview, or the first day at a new job, is perfectly normal. It's the slight unknown about things - going places we've not been or meeting people we don't know. I guess it's your body on 'alert' in a way, like the old survival mechanism that kicks in in unfamiliar places.

Good luck!!

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you pepes!

I'm just nervous. But I think it'll be okay. I want this so bad.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you Catkin!

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Good luck for tomorrow I really hope it goes well and you get the job :goodluck:

StillFighting

StillFighting

Hi Lincoln, I wish you the best of luck!

I'm in the process of interviews as well, and I understand the stress. I think it's totally normal, especially if it's for a job that you're very interested in.

If the anxiety is too much, can you focus maybe on your strengths for this job? (instead of focusing on failing). Making (or revising) a list of them for example. Just a suggestion anyway, it sounds like you are quite well prepared, and might not even need it.

Hope all goes well, wishing you good luck again! :)

E

Elle-X

Hi Lincoln :) Best of luck for tomorrow, hope it goes well for you. You're preparing yourself in the right way by picking out your outfit and making sure you have all of the documentation you need. I would spend the time between now and your interview relaxing and doing something to take your mind off it (easier said than done, I know!). Good luck!

T

Taffy

Good luck for tomorrow Lincoln, sending you good karma and I will be thinking of you .:hug1:

SarahD

SarahD

Best of luck for tomorrow Lincoln. :flower2:

V

VintageRabbit

Good luck! I'm job hunting as well...
Stressful but will be very rewarding.