I hate to be a martyr and an observation I just made

F

Feathers1984

First off i’d like to acknowledge that I am about to, indeed, sound like I feel sorry for myself. I say this, only in hopes that I don’t get a dozen responses to this thread telling me what I already know.
Here goes
What kind of evil, twisted being would allow me and apparently hundreds of thousands of others to exist in a life with voices in our heads? Pointing out our failures, diluting and poisoning our minds and driving some to twisted delusions and even suicide? I’m sorry “God”, was my life not miserable enough for you to look down upon? Had to sprinkle me with this evil as well? Awww im so sorry extravagant being. Or was it just that was I such a disappointment for your “flock” that you turned your back and threw me to the wolves. Which lets be honest that’s exactly what voices are. Evil packs of wolves.
I could go on and on but before I forget I have to let everyone know about this conclusion I have drawn after going through the threads on this forum. (BTW, this forum has helped me cope very much and this is not a knock to anyone whatever your beliefs may be) but has anyone else noticed that hearing voices has either
A) Driven someone to become a believer in God whatever their religious affiliation may be. In other words, previously atheist, now hears voices and have turned to God
B) driven a believer to become an atheist. All out destroying any ounce of faith we may have had and left us as non-believers
I belong in group B. I now have zero reason to believe there is anything looking out for us. I think it all to be a crock of crap. And I’m fine with this.
Has anyone else noticed this? Thoughts? I’m dying for feedback on this
Peace to all

S

sallimae76

Sometimes I think we are just his toys. Can't figure out why some people are allowed to be happy, and others aren't. It is heartbreaking.

S

sallimae76

He keeps telling me to "burn" and calling himself and "ape" and saying "we're mad".

Someoldguy

Someoldguy

Like you, I have to question the existence of God in the manner God is presented by organized religions. As you have observed, the absurdity and hypocrisy is just too much for me to accept.
I'm not an atheist in the exact sense. I do wonder if forces we're unaware of aren't at work. But Western religious beliefs have cause more anguish than they relieved in my personal experience.
Obviously, anyone can make whatever they wish of it, and I do think many of the behaviors taught by religious organizations are beneficial to a peaceful, productive society. But I'm not sold on it all.