• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I hate the way I look.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

"I feel like my problems with mental illness and PCOS stresses other people out." You're not stressing me out. On the contrary, I want to help you, and so do the other members on this forum.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

"I feel like my problems with mental illness and PCOS stresses other people out."
Who says that you have to tell everyone you meet about your issues?
Perhaps those you're close to who would understand your issues and be sympathetic towards you.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Thank you. That means a lot I just get anxious and worry that I annoy people. In my life I just avoid most people as much as possible because I feel like once they find out about what I deal with, they'll laugh at me or something. I've had this happen a lot years ago in school. I try to remind myself that all of that was a long time ago, but I just guess I expect terrible things to always happen.

People have commented on my hirsutism so many times. I remember one lady asked me why I have noticeable hair and it just made me feel like garbage. I feel like crying whenever I see myself. I don't have to tell people about what I have, but some people still notice.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

"I just guess I expect terrible things to always happen."

It sounds like you're catastrophizing, a cognitive distortion. It'll just give you anxiety. It would help you if you could try to change your thinking.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

The lady who asked you that question and anyone else, I would see it as what it is. People who are not worth the time of day to listen to. Also remember genuine people look down on those types, not you. You seem genuine to me, so don't let the garbage make you feel like you are anything you are not.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

The lady who asked you that question and anyone else, I would see it as what it is. People who are not worth the time of day to listen to. Also remember genuine people look down on those types, not you. You seem genuine to me, so don't let the garbage make you feel like you are anything you are not.
Thank you so much :hug: I'll try.

T

toto

At the time, my dorm / apartment neighbors were ugly. But super ugly, she - overweight. As boyfriends, however, they were great. They loved each other and were kind to each other. Honestly, their relationship was superior to any of beautiful people who emphasized their beauty. Sometimes beautiful people live a sadder life than ugly ones. I have seen people in wheelchairs who reach management positions with ambition.

T

toto

Also a woman in a wheelchair who was loved more than I was, even though I was fine at the time. But I know that all cases of wheelchair success are due to psychotherapy. As far as my ugly neighbors were concerned, they were just lucky to meet. Today they are married and have children.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

At the time, my dorm / apartment neighbors were ugly. But super ugly, she - overweight. As boyfriends, however, they were great. They loved each other and were kind to each other. Honestly, their relationship was superior to any of beautiful people who emphasized their beauty. Sometimes beautiful people live a sadder life than ugly ones. I have seen people in wheelchairs who reach management positions with ambition.
I have never in my life looked down on or judged anyone by how they looked but I did base physical attraction as a key component for who I dated and was interested in. Funny thing is looking back I overlooked the fact that I could have been with someone who would have loved me unconditionally and I wouldn't be alone right now if I had looked at what was on the inside not the outside. Beautiful people get old, unattractive and usually people looking for attraction get bored fast of looking at the same face every day even if the other person still has their looks. That is why self centered people who think their looks are their key to life always get cheated on. They get old and usually die alone. No one really loves them, they are just a play in the hay before moving on to the next. With that said I still say different people are attracted to different things. Some like big, some thin, some tall, some short ect ect. But when you fall in love with someone for who they are you fall in love with their body, mind and spirit. I don't mean lust, I mean actually fall in love. Big difference. And if it is friendship, you are attracted to who the person is, nothing physical. I feel sorry for people who are their own biggest fan and love in their pathetic lives. They never know what being loved by anyone other then themselves feels like.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

I'm just so ugly. I mentioned before that I deal with PCOS. I believe PCOS is a huge reason for why I hate my appearance. I deal with hirsutism and this causes me to feel worse. I'm going to doctors for help, but they can't do much. There's laser hair removal treatments, but it costs so much money. If I had a job or somewhere to go everyday, I would have to constantly shave and my skin become irritated by this very easily. And it's also very noticeable. I try to hide it with makeup but that doesn't do much. Then there's the weight gain. I've gained so much weight. I am so fat and I'm tired of it. I tried diets and nothing seems to work. Then there's the mental illness and the medications I'm taking for that. I gain weight because of the medications and also because of PCOS. I am so tired of this. I just want to hide from the world forever because I am so ugly.
i posted this for u

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Hello everyone I took some time to think about all of this. The negative thoughts are still there, but I got to speak to my mom and she helped me a lot and told me to keep moving forward. I will try my best to do that. There are many women who also deal with PCOS and I know I'm not alone. I'll continue going to doctors and getting help. Hopefully there will be improvement.

I feel kind of better. I hope you're all doing well :grouphug:

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

i posted this for u

Thank you so much. That's so kind of you. :hug:

P

Peppermint

Hello everyone I took some time to think about all of this. The negative thoughts are still there, but I got to speak to my mom and she helped me a lot and told me to keep moving forward. I will try my best to do that. There are many women who also deal with PCOS and I know I'm not alone. I'll continue going to doctors and getting help. Hopefully there will be improvement.

I feel kind of better. I hope you're all doing well :grouphug:
Glad you talked to your mom. It's great she is so supportive. Happy you are feeling a little better.