I hate pessimism. It's CRAP!

frisas45

frisas45

Life sucks. Let's admit it. Shit happens. Life ain't all perfect. It's not some stupid gooey-fudgey cloud 9 type of life. But I still hate people say life's nothing but suffering. There's one philosopher who bitched about it, and it made me fucking angry. life's full of suffering\ - YouTube

I suffered all my life, and I want out. I want light at the end of tunnel. But what I learned was, you have work your ass off and toughen up in order to endure the suffering. There's no way to fucking reduce it, although the philosophers say otherwise. That's the way I was taught by my family. Also, my experience said that it was impossible.

In order to be stronger and endure the suffering of life:

-You have to suck any emotion up.
-Perform perfectly
-Go to the military, not take any psychological help
-Lose any hope and prepare for the worst

But the worst is, is this:

I'm fed up of this "work your ass off" crap. Almost led me to jail once.

I have to do as Arnold Schwarzenegger says in order to survive the onslaught of the torment of life. If not, I'm screwed.

To me, if I have to endure suffering, I have to relax and hope for the best. But something in my mind says hard work is the best. In order to survive. I'm living with my parents and can't get a job. I have to perform with utmost perfection in order to get independence.

But I ended up in getting busted by the police. Had a nervous breakdown.

I can't calm the agony within me. And being hard on myself will only bring more agony. I'm stuck, and I want to end it, just for a little while.

Skynet

Skynet

Pessimism fuels depression and vice-versa. However, I've read that pessimism is closer to reality than optimism.

frisas45

frisas45

Pessimism fuels depression and vice-versa. However, I've read that pessimism is closer to reality than optimism.
Yeah. But sometimes, we'd like to n
be positive than being depressed and accept reality. It's sweeter to be optimistic and be disappointed than being negative.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's not good to be optimistic with unrealistic hopes, thats the problem with cbt and positive thinking

Flameheart

Flameheart

too much optimism: "today will be great, nothing bad can possibly happen"

too much pessimism: "today will be terrible, there's no point trying"

healthy balance: "hopefully today will go okay, but even if it doesn't it's not the end of the world"

frisas45

frisas45

Some of you don't understand what I'm saying. It's not like I don't know how to balance optimism and pessimism. The point is, I'm stuck with the mindset of working way too hard to the brink of exhaustion, just to cope with enduring suffering and hopelessness.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
acceptance and commitment therapy, they've got an answer for it have they, how much does it cost

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

acceptance and commitment therapy, they've got an answer for it have they, how much does it cost
Well,I worked with a psychologist so it was $200 per hour(but had health insurance that covered most of it).IDK how much it would be where you are.

There's plenty of info online though and many books to buy if you would choose to try it on your own.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'm sure some self help book on acceptance and commmitment therapy will sort me out