• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I hate myself

S

Stephanie2020

I really want to SI. People where I live are saying bad stuff about me. It's so triggering, making me have flashbacks.
I feel so alone and scared.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Can you ignore them? People shouldn't be nasty and say nasty things. They are the ones with the problem and are not being kind. People should be kind. Please don't hurt yourself because of other people. You deserve kindness, you deserve better.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Please keep writing so we know you are ok. If you need to talk to someone or need additional help, here are some numbers for you.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

P

Purpleplum

Try to ignore what others think. They know nothing and have just as many faults. They say bad things to make themselves feel better.

It only matters what you think. Try to work on how you feel about yourself and you'll be able to face those kinds of people better.

S

Stephanie2020

Thank you so much for your support. I called my therapist. And, I'm hanging out with my boyfriend, Steven. I feel a little better. Thank you for being so nice to me.
My roommate is behind some of the rumors.

P

Prycejosh1987

I really want to SI. People where I live are saying bad stuff about me. It's so triggering, making me have flashbacks.
I feel so alone and scared.
That is not a reason to self harm. If people hate you, then stick your fingers up at them. Not literally, but in the actions you take and desire for achievements and good things for yourself.

S

Stephanie2020

I'm hanging in there. I know some meeay not understand why I'm having urges.
The SI urges aren't as strong. I'm a survivor of child sexual abuse. I was taught that I'm bad and deserved to be punished. This whole situation, triggers those memories, messages and feelings.
I do really appreciate you all.🤗