• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I hate myself for being touchy

Muddledmuggle

Muddledmuggle

Even something as small as an argument with my mom is enough to send me on a downward spiral and ruin my day.
When people make fun of me it feels like someone’s tugging at my heart strings..I hate not being a sport and I hate getting upset over such things.
but this is who I am
No matter how much I pretend to not feel bad..minor disappointments are sometimes all it takes to send my dwindling self esteem to plummet even further.

Ive always been like this and I really dont know why..even when I was a child I would cry when somebody would tease me.

Idk Whats wrong with me But I sure know that something is.

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 I sort of feel the same. It causes anxiety and ectopics which is a circle. Mindfulness does help but this has to done everyday to get benefit

Muddledmuggle

Muddledmuggle

Anxiety is a huge thing for me, I get anxious about the randomest things.
Also, I tried mindfulness but could never focus, my mind wanders a lot...do you have any tips on how to get better at it.

W

Wizyovie

Even something as small as an argument with my mom is enough to send me on a downward spiral and ruin my day.
When people make fun of me it feels like someone’s tugging at my heart strings..I hate not being a sport and I hate getting upset over such things.
but this is who I am
No matter how much I pretend to not feel bad..minor disappointments are sometimes all it takes to send my dwindling self esteem to plummet even further.

Ive always been like this and I really dont know why..even when I was a child I would cry when somebody would tease me.

Idk Whats wrong with me But I sure know that something is.
I had similar experiences during my early teens. However, after starting school at the University and getting busy all those problems fades out

W

Wizyovie

Anxiety is a huge thing for me, I get anxious about the randomest things.
Also, I tried mindfulness but could never focus, my mind wanders a lot...do you have any tips on how to get better at it.
You can get better by doing a walk every morning, taking a lot fluids and having a good night rest and avoid junk foods.

miss_sensitivity

miss_sensitivity

Idk Whats wrong with me
There's nothing wrong with you :hug: . I am the same way, and have gone through (and still sometimes still do go through) those same thoughts, wondering why I have to be this way. But the reality is, this is who I am. I am sensitive, and that's okay. A huge part of my work in therapy has involved/still involves self-esteem, DBT skills for anxiety, and self soothing so that I can adequately cope with the sensitivity when it comes up.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Being sensitive is not a disadvantage at all. I believe that it's a good quality to have.
Also having an argument with your mother is a big deal, and it's understandable how you have reacted.
Don't beat yourself up for being this way.

Muddledmuggle

Muddledmuggle

You can get better by doing a walk every morning, taking a lot fluids and having a good night rest and avoid junk foods.
Yes I’m trying to incorporate that into my routine

Muddledmuggle

Muddledmuggle

There's nothing wrong with you :hug: . I am the same way, and have gone through (and still sometimes still do go through) those same thoughts, wondering why I have to be this way. But the reality is, this is who I am. I am sensitive, and that's okay. A huge part of my work in therapy has involved/still involves self-esteem, DBT skills for anxiety, and self soothing so that I can adequately cope with the sensitivity when it comes up.
Yeah I guess acceptance is the first step towards getting better..I hope someday Im able to do that too.

Muddledmuggle

Muddledmuggle

Being sensitive is not a disadvantage at all. I believe that it's a good quality to have.
Also having an argument with your mother is a big deal, and it's understandable how you have reacted.
Don't beat yourself up for being this way.
Thankyou for your kind words.