• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I hate myself... and so does everyone else

M

Misssad1111

To the core of my being, I really hate who I am. I don't like my personality or character and neither does anyone else. I hurt myself for these reasons.

F

Fairy Rapunzel

I'm so sorry. It's really hard to stop self harming, but you need to be kind to yourself. A lot of people talk about self care and I remember when I was very depressed I didn't believe much of it. But now I'm starting to realize just how important it is. Even if you just have to write down positive things about yourself, sometimes that also helps. And it feels impossible sometimes, but there's a way to get out of this situation. Just please don't hurt yourself. What inspires you to continue living? For me I really love nature. I also want to travel more and learn new languages. I might not get to do that, but the thought of getting to see the seasons change or listening to new music by my favorite artists also helps. Playing video games, watching movies, anything to focus on something else when you think about self harm. It doesn't completely get rid of the negative thoughts, but you can focus on doing something positive instead of self harming. Why do you say that you hate yourself? I'm sure there are many great things about you.

S

Scott N

In the past, I tried hitting myself in the jaw while looking in the mirror. I also tried putting myself down in the presence of those who agreed. I didn't realize that I was expecting someone to step in and stop me bullying myself. What would you do if you witnessed someone being bullied? Please reply.