• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I hate my emetophobia!

Sloshiceangel

Sloshiceangel

I’m always so afraid of vomit, and get anxiety just by the sound and the thought of someone throwing up😣

And i’m afraid of throwing up myself too

Is there anyone who has emetophobia like me too?

J

Jolly

Ditto. Can’t even say the word. My therapist in a few weeks is going to start on this phobia when I feel comfortable. I have even jumped out of a moving car when daughter was poorly. If I look after grandchildren I always make sure someone is with me. If I get on a bus and someone looks peaky I get off and walk the rest of the way. Had it all my life so have missed so much. I also suffer GAD. I wanted to do nursing like my mum and then thought GOD I CANNOT PUT MYSELF IN THAT POSITION. how do you cope or don’t you xx

Sloshiceangel

Sloshiceangel

Ditto. Can’t even say the word. My therapist in a few weeks is going to start on this phobia when I feel comfortable. I have even jumped out of a moving car when daughter was poorly. If I look after grandchildren I always make sure someone is with me. If I get on a bus and someone looks peaky I get off and walk the rest of the way. Had it all my life so have missed so much. I also suffer GAD. I wanted to do nursing like my mum and then thought GOD I CANNOT PUT MYSELF IN THAT POSITION. how do you cope or don’t you xx
Well sometimes i can cope with it and most of the time not, i get very uncomfortable when someone has a stomachache or if i have or when someone are nauseous and i am(even out of hunger, i mistaken it for nausea and are scared to eat. It has been better now, but i’m still working on it). And i have to know if my parents or siblings are ok. I absolutely hate it, and just the word scares me.

J

Jolly

Sounds just like me. We are using avoidance. Can you see a therapist about it xx

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I can barely stand the sight of it, I haven't drunk alcohol in over 20 years so I can avoid doing it and avoid being around others that might.

I remember one time I was visiting my cousin and some of his wife's family were there with a very small baby and the mother was sat next to me trying to burp it, I jumped up and shifted pretty quickly, when they asked what the problem was I explained I wasn't comfortable at having a loaded baby being pointed in my direction as I've seen before what sometimes comes out when you try to burp them, they all laughed at me.

J

Jolly

People think it is funny but it is real. Obviously I don’t drink either. I hate enclosed spaces just in case. I can’t look after poorly people just in case. Actually I avoid a lot. I will let you know how the therapy goes when I have the courage to start doing it. I remember when my youngest was in hospital with gastroenteritis I did not go and visit her and after she went in I completely domesticated the whole house. That is bad but she had her dad and my mum. I bet they have a phobia of some sort but can control it if it is a spider or a bee for example xx

Sloshiceangel

Sloshiceangel

Sounds just like me. We are using avoidance. Can you see a therapist about it xx
I mostly use the internet to help me so i don’t really need a therapist.

J

Jolly

Gosh you are brave. I can’t even think about it until I am ready. I am absolutely horrified by it. Keep me updated or pm me so I know how you get on.