I hate going to sleep at night because my dreams bother me.

S

spiritfriend

I mentioned that I was thinking about creating a thread on this.

Anyway, I take Latuda and Seroquel before bed. Latuda helps with my paranoia, and Seroquel helps me sleep. I don't know if they have anything to do with my dreams. I'm not sure.

But my dreams are really starting to annoy me because they always include something morbid or sexual and I hate it so much. Sometimes they're just really boring. I hate that, too. I have been thinking about trying out lucid dreaming because I want more control over my dreams. For once, I just want to dream of something that's beautiful or interesting. Not disgusting. :(

Any advice? On lucid dreaming maybe? Or maybe you have other things to share? Thank you.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

weed suppresses dreaming. and nightmares.

mami5

mami5

Last few nights I have been having real weird dreams too. And although I wake up many times every night, somehow my dreams continue.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Luna,
Sorry your going through this, have you tried listening to relaxing music?
To see if your mind clears and then hopefully you will have restful sleep with no scary dreams.
I hope your able to find something that works for you.
I've had a few scary dreams, I had stopped dreaming all together. That was from lack of sleep.
Good luck
Take care

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
I mentioned that I was thinking about creating a thread on this.

Anyway, I take Latuda and Seroquel before bed. Latuda helps with my paranoia, and Seroquel helps me sleep. I don't know if they have anything to do with my dreams. I'm not sure.

But my dreams are really starting to annoy me because they always include something morbid or sexual and I hate it so much. Sometimes they're just really boring. I hate that, too. I have been thinking about trying out lucid dreaming because I want more control over my dreams. For once, I just want to dream of something that's beautiful or interesting. Not disgusting. :(

Any advice? On lucid dreaming maybe? Or maybe you have other things to share? Thank you.
Hi Luna

I totally get you....!

I actually did a thread before on 'vivid dreams and exhaustion'

That sort of sums up my sleeping patterns for so long... I - like you have these mad dreams.. people die and I'm not able to speak yet people are asking me how I am..... I don't want them to see me.. I wish I was invisible. I also dream about walking on broken glass in a room and not being able to reach the door.. also ex boyfriends that I would never want - yet somehow turn up...

I too take seroquel morning and night but I wouldn't give it up as any type of sleep for me is better than none..

I hate that I wake every day and feel I was up ALL NIGHT because I feel I'm awake when I'm dreaming..

Have no answers for you but if its any consolation - I feel the same way :)

S

spiritfriend

Hi Luna,
Sorry your going through this, have you tried listening to relaxing music?
To see if your mind clears and then hopefully you will have restful sleep with no scary dreams.
I hope your able to find something that works for you.
I've had a few scary dreams, I had stopped dreaming all together. That was from lack of sleep.
Good luck
Take care
Thank you. I'll try to listen to relaxing music more. I need to find a way to start lucid dreaming. That would be great.

N

NeatMonster

Hi Luna,

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. I can relate to what you're experiencing a great deal. I'll have periods of weeks or months on end where I seem to be afflicted with dreams that have vivid or disturbing content. Two things I've found that help with lucid dreaming and general relaxation however are unusual, interesting or powerful pieces of music and basic breathing exercises from meditation. Here are a couple of links to help you out with that

Passive Techniques for Meditation and Relaxation

Vipassana Meditation | Oshomeditationstudio

Some relaxing but inspiring pieces of music, in my opinion, are;

So What - Miles Davis (from album Kind Of Blue)

The Four Seasons - Vivaldi
Sketches Of Spain (Full album) - Miles Davis
Wish You Were Here (Full album) - Pink Floyd
Dark Side Of The Moon (Full album) - Pink Floyd
The Division Bell (Full album) - Pink Floyd
Moon Safari (Full album) - Air

For the opposite of relaxing - For powerful, unusual or vivid dreams:

Flight Of The Valkyries - Wagner

Romeo and Juliet (especially Montagues And Capulets) - Prokofiev

Bitches Brew (Full album) - Miles Davis

On The Corner (Full album) - Miles Davis

All of those, when preceded by meditative breathing and relaxation techniques, aid lucid dreaming; at least in my experience, Luna.

Wagner - Flight Of The Valkyries and Miles Davis - On The Corner can lead to some intense dreams though haha be warned :D

I hope that helps Luna,

Take care :)

Last edited:
S

spiritfriend

Hi Luna,

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. I can relate to what you're experiencing a great deal. I'll have periods of weeks or months on end where I seem to be afflicted with dreams that have vivid or disturbing content. Two things I've found that help with lucid dreaming and general relaxation however are unusual, interesting or powerful pieces of music and basic breathing exercises from meditation. Here are a couple of links to help you out with that

Passive Techniques for Meditation and Relaxation

Vipassana Meditation | Oshomeditationstudio

Some relaxing but inspiring pieces of music, in my opinion, are;

So What - Miles Davis (from album Kind Of Blue)

The Four Seasons - Vivaldi
Sketches Of Spain (Full album) - Miles Davis
Wish You Were Here (Full album) - Pink Floyd
Dark Side Of The Moon (Full album) - Pink Floyd
The Division Bell (Full album) - Pink Floyd
Moon Safari (Full album) - Air

For the opposite of relaxing - For powerful, unusual or vivid dreams:

Flight Of The Valkyries - Wagner

Romeo and Juliet (especially Montagues And Capulets) - Prokofiev

Bitches Brew (Full album) - Miles Davis

On The Corner (Full album) - Miles Davis

All of those, when preceded by meditative breathing and relaxation techniques, aid lucid dreaming; at least in my experience, Luna.

Wagner - Flight Of The Valkyries and Miles Davis - On The Corner can be lead to some intense dreams though haha be warned :D

I hope that help Luna,

Take care :)

Thank you, Monster, for sharing this all with me. :hug: I'll try some of these out.
Do you keep a dream diary? I heard that it's important to keep a dream diary to start lucid dreaming. But my dreams have been so disturbing or boring lately that I haven't bothered writing them down.

N

NeatMonster

Thank you, Monster, for sharing this all with me. :hug: I'll try some of these out.
Do you keep a dream diary? I heard that it's important to keep a dream diary to start lucid dreaming. But my dreams have been so disturbing or boring lately that I haven't bothered writing them down.
I don't keep a dream diary, Luna, no. I've often thought about doing that and, in honesty it probably would help a great deal with lucid dreaming. I've heard it recommended a lot of times so it's probably good advice ...

I've discovered that positive affirmations help with lucid dreaming a lot too. Constantly repeating the same phrase or instruction over and over to yourself as you're starting to fall asleep helps enormously; it's as if it primes your subconscious mind to deal with that very thing whilst your conscious mind is at rest. I find that works particularly well with dreams in general. If you literally concentrate on your breathing like the meditative techniques suggest and at the same time rhythmically repeat the same suggestion to yourself as you're doing it, before you know it you've repeated the same instruction to yourself perhaps thirty times; all while you've been becoming more relaxed. The two things combined really do aid lucid dreaming in my opinion. The phrase or statement or suggestion can be anything you find helpful or meaningful; a direct suggestion to yourself as to what you would like to, and what you will dream about. It works quite well in my experience. :hug:

S

spiritfriend

I don't keep a dream diary, Luna, no. I've often thought about doing that and, in honesty it probably would help a great deal with lucid dreaming. I've heard it recommended a lot of times so it's probably good advice ...

I've discovered that positive affirmations help with lucid dreaming a lot too. Constantly repeating the same phrase or instruction over and over to yourself as you're starting to fall asleep helps enormously; it's as if it primes your subconscious mind to deal with that very thing whilst your conscious mind is at rest. I find that works particularly well with dreams in general. If you literally concentrate on your breathing like the meditative techniques suggest and at the same time rhythmically repeat the same suggestion to yourself as you're doing it, before you know it you've repeated the same instruction to yourself perhaps thirty times; all while you've been becoming more relaxed. The two things combined really do aid lucid dreaming in my opinion. The phrase or statement or suggestion can be anything you find helpful or meaningful; a direct suggestion to yourself as to what you would like to, and what you will dream about. It works quite well in my experience. :hug:
Okay I'll try this out! Thank you!!! :hug:
I'll try writing all my interesting dreams down. Only the interesting ones lol. I have so many ideas for lucid dreaming. Ah I hope I'll be able to control my dreams soon.

Killjoy710

Killjoy710

Luna,
I used to go through that too, so now I'm on Seroquel and Respirdal and I rarely dream and when I do I usually have good ones. I also read something I really like before I go to bed, keeps good thoughts on my mind when I do sleep. You could try doing that ..good luck sweetie.:hug1: