• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I hate feeling medicated!

N

Nate

I have to take my clozapine 3 times a day or I feel seriously medicated. I wish I could get off my meds. I hate taking clozapine. I hate the drowsiness and dizziness. I feel like I must be addicted to the antipsychotics I hope not.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm sorry about the side effects you have, have you told your dr and CPN?
Do you have blood tests regularly?
Hugs

L

Lightanddark

Hi,
I'm sorry about the side effects you have, have you told your dr and CPN?
Do you have blood tests regularly?
Hugs
Not a good feeling. Hang in there

Z

Zoroz

I have to take my clozapine 3 times a day or I feel seriously medicated. I wish I could get off my meds. I hate taking clozapine. I hate the drowsiness and dizziness. I feel like I must be addicted to the antipsychotics I hope not.
It’s not good.. medicated. I take Seroquel, Risperidone, clonazepam, gabapentin. It for me is almost like being addicted to Illegal drugs. I have noticed as The risperdal is leaving my system, it like a mental craving for the drug. I think that is triggered by the nervousness and anxiety of starting to have a overload of thoughts. Same thing with Seroquel. They don’t call these addictive but for me it’s a mental / psychical thing that is there for sure and creates this overwhelming desire to just medicate. Sometimes I go for hours just fighting with myself over this desire to take the medicine vs not and then eventually I do give in Most of the time. some people say it’s not a chemical lobotomy but the meds do dumb me down. certain times of the day I have more trouble writing... I am on what I call the downside of today’s dose, as they begin to leave my brain more lucid it’s easier to write. I have not heard others describe the same thing but that is how it is for me. It’s time now for my Risperdal and after a while I won’t feel like doing much more that looking out the window at the sky.

N

Nate

It’s not good.. medicated. I take Seroquel, Risperidone, clonazepam, gabapentin. It for me is almost like being addicted to Illegal drugs. I have noticed as The risperdal is leaving my system, it like a mental craving for the drug. I think that is triggered by the nervousness and anxiety of starting to have a overload of thoughts. Same thing with Seroquel. They don’t call these addictive but for me it’s a mental / psychical thing that is there for sure and creates this overwhelming desire to just medicate. Sometimes I go for hours just fighting with myself over this desire to take the medicine vs not and then eventually I do give in Most of the time. some people say it’s not a chemical lobotomy but the meds do dumb me down. certain times of the day I have more trouble writing... I am on what I call the downside of today’s dose, as they begin to leave my brain more lucid it’s easier to write. I have not heard others describe the same thing but that is how it is for me. It’s time now for my Risperdal and after a while I won’t feel like doing much more that looking out the window at the sky.
I know how it feels like to have a certain addiction to aps. Like a desire to take meds. I also fight with myself about taking meds. It's good to know that I'm not alone.

L

Lightanddark

I know how it feels like to have a certain addiction to aps. Like a desire to take meds. I also fight with myself about taking meds. It's good to know that I'm not alone.
I’m on haloperidol and lithium and anti depressant airopiprozol they are trying to get me off haloperidol. But I think it’s Gunna end bad

N

Nukelavee

I'm on a few meds, including anti-psychotics (although my issue is BPD).

It's a light dose, but, yeah, there's a certain feeling that reminds you that you take meds.

It's a trade off -feel a bit off, but have more control, or feel lighter/more engaged but be unstable. I think we all have to decide how much of ourselves we are willing to give up, in order to function enough to get through life with the fewest disasters.

L

Lightanddark

It's a light dose, but, yeah, there's a certain feeling that reminds you that you take meds.

It's a trade off -feel a bit off, but have more control, or feel lighter/more engaged but be unstable. I think we all have to decide how much of ourselves we are willing to give up, in order to function enough to get through life with the fewest disasters.
Yes I feel weird if I haven’t taken my meds on edge

Z

Zoroz

Agree with you, definitely know I am on medications... it’s the lost for words or saying the wrong words that is just a dumbing down of myself, not quick, slowed down... it’s a balance or sometimes just giving up fighting.