• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I hate depression.

B14KWTFGO_x

B14KWTFGO_x

Depression is such a fucked up illness, and anyone who has been affected by it either personally, or seen a family member suffer with it, then you'll know how devastating and difficult it can be.
My mum has depression and I do also. My mum uses alcohol to deal with her depression and I self medicate with drink and drugs also. So I'm not judging my mum for her coping methods as mine aren't any better, however I am in the process of trying to go sober. The only thing is, when my mum drinks it always starts off nice and lovely but when she's had a fair amount she usually starts speaking about negative things and things which have happened in the past, like years ago. She'll probably end up getting emotional and crying too. I just don't understand why she continues to drink when she knows how it makes her. I am the complete opposite, when I drink or do drugs I'm the happiest and that is WHY I do them. It just baffles me because my mental health is bad too, and I hate dealing with her when she's like that. Me and my mum are close, and I love her so much but any advice??? She doesn't drink everyday so that's good, however, when she does drink she will binge drink which is usually two bottles of wine. She probably has her drink once a week and not all times are bad. Sometimes she will just have one bottle and she has a nice time. Why does she have to go to the extreme????

any advice or. can someone relate????

B

boblano

sometimes it's good to enter into a trance-like state. that's why ptsd treatments are now all about the use of acid now, except it's still sort of a fringe-treatment, and not all doctors are permitted to treat people in this way (so of course the drug component is actually useful for the problems)

One person's idea was a whole list of mental problems paired with a matching list of technically party drugs but each drug was a solution to a different illness, but I think the drugs were like, LSD to PTSD, and DMT and weed but not the other party drugs if u know wat i mean

B

boblano

idk if ecstasy was included in this "treatment plan" but I'm super health conscious and I honestly just get a bad vibe from that. I think the most natural ones are the ones I mentioned in the earlier post,

T

treasurebox

Try music therapy. Music helps me. Try listening to music together with your mom. Listen to uplifting, motivational, happy, and encouraging songs on youtube, spotify, or soundcloud daily. It will make you think and feel better.

L

Lucy87x

Yea i can relate i have started drinking to ease the pain and i find it works i dont drink in the week due to work plus dont fancy drinking every day but i do at the weekends. I can either be 2 ways where i feel calm and relaxed or feel angry about past traumas x

K

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Hm that is quite the situation, i feel for you. It is not too unlike the way my mother's mom treated her... I can only say that, i was a change of energy for her and her mother, as all 3 of us live together currently; I can see now, It not only kept her occupied, but my energy/creativity also helped her explore new avenues of her own mind, granted she is very old. She is who she is, and yet i find, if you can give someone an outlet, even a moment to stop and consider the surroundings, possibilities, possibly unseen results can come out of it for the better, its just about finding that topic that yous can both reflect on, without irritating any sensitive areas, maybe even a subtle conversation can sorta steer things different when they go awry -worth a try.

Bod

Bod

I agree depression is a hell of a battle to go through and then drinking on top is not good well for me it is not, I drank to blot out all my trauma and many other mental health issues and also took drugs too so I was living in my own little world as I was calm and loving to my self NOT. I had to go through a rehab to see that I was in denial for the drinking at drug taking and after all the help I got I now have one drink every day or maybe two then I stop.