• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I had alcohol-induced voices

jajingna

jajingna

It was scary. I posted about this already last night and I guess most of you don't drink, and looks like I shouldn't either. I went on a big binge just drinking by myself in my room, trying to be quiet. After a few days I stopped. Then came the brain fog with obsessive thinking. Parts of songs would play over and over. Eventually I heard them, distorted and garbled and weird, coming from my computer and fan.

They are really strange and I'd rather have them never again. They went quiet when I turned the fan off. I'm not schizophrenic but have experienced psychosis before, it's such frightening stuff. Even this dreadful brain fog is bad enough.

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

It was scary. I posted about this already last night and I guess most of you don't drink, and looks like I shouldn't either. I went on a big binge just drinking by myself in my room, trying to be quiet. After a few days I stopped. Then came the brain fog with obsessive thinking. Parts of songs would play over and over. Eventually I heard them, distorted and garbled and weird, coming from my computer and fan.

They are really strange and I'd rather have them never again. They went quiet when I turned the fan off. I'm not schizophrenic but have experienced psychosis before, it's such frightening stuff. Even this dreadful brain fog is bad enough.
That sounds very unpleasant. I hope it passes quickly for you

jajingna

jajingna

It still seems to be present, this line/verse from a song I used to like, repeating, and feels like the fan is the source. But I need my fan on most of the time. Got a brother in next room with thin walls in this house. Don't like it too quiet and he is even quieter than me. He drinks so much beer it's a wonder to me how he functions.

EdEd

EdEd

Try to not focus on the the sounds.. because you know how when you hear something your mind replays it or goes along with it

.. one day I had this stuck in my head I thought:

Then in order to get it unstuck from me head I found this video.

EdEd

EdEd

Change the subject entirely within your mind.. or listen to music to drown it out