• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I Got Hurt

L

Ladyfair

I guess this has happened to everyone but I thought someone was a friend. I don't think we are friends anymore I needed them too much. Because they have their own problems they told me maybe I should be talking to someone else. I feel like someone put a knife through me. I don't want to believe all people are like this. I have been let down by friends so many times I'm losing faith in people. I tend to be clingy when I think someone likes me. I hope there is someone in this world who will except me for who I am. If I could only find that person.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Im sorry this happened to you annie. Sometimes people with MH issues need to distance themselves to deal with their issues and cant deal with others at the same time. Im sure its not personal and wouldn't take it as such.

You have to be careful with being clingy and acting co-dependant, a lot of people get turned off by that. But dont give up, you'll find someone who understands you. You just have to keep trying !

L

Ladyfair

Im sorry this happened to you annie. Sometimes people with MH issues need to distance themselves to deal with their issues and cant deal with others at the same time. Im sure its not personal and wouldn't take it as such.

You have to be careful with being clingy and acting co-dependant, a lot of people get turned off by that. But dont give up, you'll find someone who understands you. You just have to keep trying !
Thank you for the reply I hope so.😊

jajingna

jajingna

Because they have their own problems they told me maybe I should be talking to someone else.
The thing is, everybody has their own problems. Not everybody likes to talk about them or listen to others talk about them. But I think most people's favorite subject is themselves. So many people want a good friend who listens to them without judging or turning away in discomfort, placing limits on what can be expressed. One of the greatest human virtues is to listen. It doesn't seem to be a common one though.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I guess this has happened to everyone but I thought someone was a friend. I don't think we are friends anymore I needed them too much. Because they have their own problems they told me maybe I should be talking to someone else. I feel like someone put a knife through me. I don't want to believe all people are like this. I have been let down by friends so many times I'm losing faith in people. I tend to be clingy when I think someone likes me. I hope there is someone in this world who will except me for who I am. If I could only find that person.
I’m not sure if this is the case but it sounds like you might have been talking with this person a lot about your problems. If they are dealing with their own mental health issues they might not be able to handle that and might push you away to put their own mental health as priority. If this seems to be the case here I would take the pressure off my friends by getting into counseling and talking out my issues there. xo, j

L

Ladyfair

I’m not sure if this is the case but it sounds like you might have been talking with this person a lot about your problems. If they are dealing with their own mental health issues they might not be able to handle that and might push you away to put their own mental health as priority. If this seems to be the case here I would take the pressure off my friends by getting into counseling and talking out my issues there. xo, j
Hi! I have been to therapists etc. It just hasn't worked for me. I have a fear of leaving my home so this makes it difficult to get help.☹

P

Pollypop

Hi! I have been to therapists etc. It just hasn't worked for me. I have a fear of leaving my home so this makes it difficult to get help.☹
I also have a fear of leaving my home too.
It really does make going for appointments and counselling difficult.
I also dislike phones so I can’t do anything that way either.
I have no friends, or even acquaintances.
It’s difficult.

L

Ladyfair

I also have a fear of leaving my home too.
It really does make going for appointments and counselling difficult.
I also dislike phones so I can’t do anything that way either.
I have no friends, or even acquaintances.
It’s difficult.
Oh I am sorry, I'm also in the same situation. Thank you for understanding there are people who don't. Your not alone if nothing else we have this forum.

P

Pollypop

Oh I am sorry, I'm also in the same situation. Thank you for understanding there are people who don't. Your not alone if nothing else we have this forum.
Yes, there are people on the forum who understand.
I hope things improve for you.