• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I got an idea of how to stop thought broadcasting

Daybreak

Daybreak

I think thoughts might be broadcasted through Subvocal Recognition. If you stop or minimize subvocalization, than you might stop them through hearing you. I just looked took a cursory look at google and it appears to be possible to stop subvocalization.

Hello513

Hello513

I think thoughts might be broadcasted through Subvocal Recognition
I am not familiar with this. Personally having experienced the phenomenon known as thought broadcasting I stopped it through testing the voices, and finding no evidence they were real hammering away at them for evidence till they dissapeared.

Hello513

Hello513

What makes you think they can hear you in any event? I used to believe this, and I eventually stopped believing this when I tested my voices and thought broadcasting. I demanded concrete evidence at every turn, and put everything they said to the test.

I found they knew nothing concrete I did not already know, and most of what I percieved them to say to be flat out lies. So I stopped believing they were real, and I got rid of them hopefully for good.

Daybreak

Daybreak

What makes you think they can hear you in any event?
Too many strange coincidences. Also it's very unusual...I mean if it is myself I'm talking to why am I not aware of it. It makes no sense.

Hello513

Hello513

Too many strange coincidences. Also it's very unusual...I mean if it is myself I'm talking to why am I not aware of it.
Ya I had similar thoughts on the matter awhile ago. As for the strange coincidences it may be confirmation bias you are counting the hits, and ignoring the misses. As for why you would not be aware of it our brain frequently does things we are not conciously aware of such as regulating our hearts, and I discovered I could force the voices to say what I wanted them to say eventually over time which seemed to confirm for me it was all in my head.

Daybreak

Daybreak

As for the strange coincidences it may be confirmation bias you are counting the hits, and ignoring the misses.
I don't doubt that it could be confirmation bias, as I've been wrong before other stuff, but it might not be as well.
. As for why you would not be aware of it our brain frequently does things we are not conciously aware of such as regulating our hearts
I think that's different, regulating the heart is always something that is done unconsciously, but thinking is a conscious process. For me to think of something and have no awareness that I'm the one thinking is too weird. If I was dissociating that might make sense, but I doubt it, Schizophrenia has never been described as disease that causes dissociation. The voices say new things to me after a period of time, they don't always say the same thing even though they are repetitive.
I discovered I could force the voices to say what I wanted them to say eventually over time which seemed to confirm for me it was all in my head.
That's an amazing ability, what does your psychologist say about it? I think you would be a case study if they knew about it.

Hello513

Hello513

I don't doubt that it could be confirmation bias, as I've been wrong before other stuff, but it might not be as well.

I think that's different, regulating the heart is always something that is done unconsciously, but thinking is a conscious process. For me to think of something and have no awareness that I'm the one thinking is too weird. If I was dissociating that might make sense, but I doubt it, Schizophrenia has never been described as disease that causes dissociation. The voices say new things to me after a period of time, they don't always say the same thing even though they are repetitive.

That's an amazing ability, what does your psychologist say about it? I think you would be a case study if they knew about it.
I have never disscussed this ability with a psychologist. I am currently searching for one right now, and I may bring it up with them if it comes to it.

My old psychologists however did say that I should put up a sign saying "Piss off or Prove it." Which is the attitude I largely took with the voices after time.

Daybreak

Daybreak

My old psychologists however did say that I should put up a sign saying "Piss off or Prove it." Which is the attitude I largely took with the voices after time.
Well I can understand why that would help you, if you don't believe the voices then it's easier to write them off, but I don't think that would help me. I've had too many strange experiences I can't write off.

Hello513

Hello513

Well I can understand why that would help you, if you don't believe the voices then it's easier to write them off, but I don't think that would help me. I've had too many strange experiences I can't write off.
I had similar such experiences, but I came to realize I was frequently hallucinatory so I could have percieved what actually happened in the entirely wrong way.

Further for every strange coincidence I had there was at least one hundred occasions or more the voices got shit dead wrong. Going back to what I said about counting the hits and ignoring the misses I did the same thing for a long time.

Daybreak

Daybreak

Couldn't them getting things wrong, just be them messing with you?

Hello513

Hello513

Couldn't them getting things wrong, just be them messing with you?
Its possible, but what would logic dictate. Logic using the logical tool known as ocam's razor dictates dismissing that possibility.

When I demanded evidence they were real they failed every single attempt. Its possible they were witholding proof, but logic dictates I go with the assumption they are in fact only in my head.

EdEd

EdEd

I think thoughts might be broadcasted through Subvocal Recognition. If you stop or minimize subvocalization, than you might stop them through hearing you. I just looked took a cursory look at google and it appears to be possible to stop subvocalization.
Interesting concept , thank you for sharing this with us.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NWiddi Hearing Voices Forum 10
Takingmybrain Hearing Voices Forum 1
G Hearing Voices Forum 25