• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I got a job

Fern

Fern

Its only one or two days a week but I have been looking for something for so long. I start on Thursday. I'm delighted!

R

rawlinsc

Congratulations. My mom quoted Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and said all work is honorable.

Fern

Fern

Thanks guys, I’m heading off soon!

N

natalie

Hi Fern,

I am just wondering, what kind of work, or line are you in, and what would the work entail?

Years of being unemployed, throuigh mental health, I have always been fascinated to learn how folk, in my borough, what and how they do their work, and in my cha ritible sectors, in wh ich I help out in thenormal of things, used to f rom time to time.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope it turns out ok, and wish you well, for your role.

Best regards,

Natalie.

Fern

Fern

Thanks for all the good wishes. I had a great day although my back is quite sore from sitting in the same position all day. Natalie it’s working at the counter in my local post office. My background is in finance and administration.

C

Cat Lady

congrats with your job. How is it going now?

Fern

Fern

Yes it’s good thanks. My back does be a bit achy in the evenings though from sitting in one position all day.

Fern

Fern

Yes I am enjoying getting out and interacting with people.

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Congratulations on your new job. Glad you like it.