• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I give up!

F

fearylight

Massive constant every second impending doom and extreme fear of aging and illness and dying. I just feel in danger all the time. I feel like I will die any second now. Terrified of everything. Cannot function. I have no hope and am too exhausted. I am 48 and have been battling this for the past 17 damn years and nothing helps even though I have tried basically every medication, every alternative treatment, and everything. I am convinced I have some terminal disease already and will die any second. I give up. I wish I had the courage to end my life because I cannot handle this one more second. Even professionals are stumped.

Racer

Racer

HI Fearylight, please do not give up. maybe some profesional help ? I don't really know what to say, i just hope you are good to yourself. I do grounding exercises to try to stay present, might be something that could help you.

F

fearylight

HI Fearylight, please do not give up. maybe some profesional help ? I don't really know what to say, i just hope you are good to yourself. I do grounding exercises to try to stay present, might be something that could help you.
thank you but I have tried all professional help. I am currently with a psychiatrist but the meds are not working at all. I feel worse.

F

fearylight

Geez, I just cannot handle this. I am so close to planning to end my life. I wish I could take something that could help me with this relentless excruciating feeling of constant dread every second. Everything increases my anxiety. I cannot function even doing the littlest things. Never any energy or interest or motivation just sadness and fear.

it even feels worse being around anyone else anymore. Even my precious, sweet, extraordinary kids. They are the only reason. I stay but I feel like such a loser ashamed and guilty around them because I am so debilitated and paralyzed with fear. However, I try to hide it from them as much as I can but I know they sense it. That kills me. Not even one second of peace. Not one. Just getting worse.

Even top professionals are stumped about what to do to help me. I am defeated and devastated.

Z

Zoe1

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support are available right now. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible

Strawberry777

Strawberry777

Massive constant every second impending doom and extreme fear of aging and illness and dying. I just feel in danger all the time. I feel like I will die any second now. Terrified of everything. Cannot function. I have no hope and am too exhausted. I am 48 and have been battling this for the past 17 damn years and nothing helps even though I have tried basically every medication, every alternative treatment, and everything. I am convinced I have some terminal disease already and will die any second. I give up. I wish I had the courage to end my life because I cannot handle this one more second. Even professionals are stumped.