• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I get angry over unexpected things happening

F

FarCanal

So whenever I'm waiting for a bus and it's ten minutes late I go into this state where I'm angry or annoyed. The other day we'd gone clubbing and after we came out I wanted to get a kabab before getting in the taxi but the others I was with wanted to go instantly, saying there'll be somewhere open near our student house, which turned out not to be true. So I was incredibly angry and aggressive towards inanimate objects, i.e. punching a locked door which is usually never locked.

Does anyone know what this is? Even when I've not been drinking I get annoyed over unexpected things happening, or I'll find it depressing and feel that I can't accomplish anything and then feel incredibly drained.

Does anyone know if this is symptoms of any particular disorder or something? I certainly don't feel like talking to anyone in real life about this.

Jonwal

Jonwal

You are suppressing your emotions. You wanted to get a kebab because ur body told u it was the right thing to do but u suppressed that urge to eat thus dening yourself nourishment then u become angry and frustrated because your not meeting your own needs.

F

FarCanal

You are suppressing your emotions. You wanted to get a kebab because ur body told u it was the right thing to do but u suppressed that urge to eat thus dening yourself nourishment then u become angry and frustrated because your not meeting your own needs.
If I am suppressing emotions then I don't really know how I go around acting normally, as it were.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
maybe you need some anger management if it is bothering you.
i think everyone is annoyed when a bus is 10 mins late though.

F

FarCanal

maybe you need some anger management if it is bothering you.
i think everyone is annoyed when a bus is 10 mins late though.
It's also depressing though. It's like I can't put any faith into doing anything because I focus on these negative things.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When you suppress your emotions your brain reacts to the most normal of things in a different way, like it needs to release whatever is bothering you in my opinion.

Have you got something on your mind, except of course what is going on with you at the moment?

Do you think it might be something to do with anxiety? I'm only asking that because of what you said in the post above, like it could be something like you feel anxious when you feel something isn't in your control.

Also :welcome: to the forum :)

Marliee x

F

FarCanal

When you suppress your emotions your brain reacts to the most normal of things in a different way, like it needs to release whatever is bothering you in my opinion.

Have you got something on your mind, except of course what is going on with you at the moment?

Do you think it might be something to do with anxiety? I'm only asking that because of what you said in the post above, like it could be something like you feel anxious when you feel something isn't in your control.

Also :welcome: to the forum :)

Marliee x
I'm at uni and I don't feel comfortable talking to people or approaching a group. Also when I was younger my parents divorced, I had to move away with one parent. Whole time I was there, at the secondary school, I wanted to come back. I would occasionally make a few friends there but what dominated my thoughts was moving back where I was, which was where my dad lived.

When I finished secondary school I got to go back and go to a college there, which is basically a dedicated 6th form college. I didn't feel comfortable approaching people I once knew who had made other friends and I felt awkward approaching them so I didn't do anything and didn't get into a real social group.

I dunno if it's worth saying, but I never talked to my parents about anything personal like sex or girlfriends or anything else personal.

I had to had failed one AS level so I retook it, which in turn meant I had to do a third year so I fast tracked an A level in that year. I got a girlfriend that year and I felt incredibly happy like I was part of a social group as well as someone I felt comfortable talking with, so I hung with her mates/social group she associated with both male/female.

Then I went to uni. At the end of the first year I got dumped and I've not really felt happy about anything at all since. Also failed second year and am in my third now. I like to procrastinate and escape all this nonsense by playing games.

Also I usually can't find a way to explain my thoughts at all even when I feel comfortable telling anyone.

F

FarCanal

Wow guys thanks for the help. Don't know what I would've done without you.

[/sarcasm]

F

FarCanal

Anyone? Want to fucking say anything? Wow...

Useless forum is useless.

F

FarCanal

Nikita said:
this doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you mentally you know,it sounds normal to me.
Fine, I guess I'm making everything up. Well I guess my feeling of isolation is made up as well then? Fine, I don't care. I came here because I literally have nothing else and don't feel comfortable talking to anyone.

Goodbye.

pepecat

pepecat

Hey farcanal

Poeple might not have responded to your thread because they don't know what to say, or how to help. But, can I also say, getting stroppy about it is also not the best way to interact with people on here. I see you've only posted in this thread - perhaps if you introduce yourself a bit and 'talk' to other people on here as well, you might get more responses as people get to know you and feel they can help.

Getting angry at small things would indicate that there's something going on, I guess, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a mental health condition per se. Are you under a lot of stress at the moment? Or feel pressured about something? Or frustrated that you can't get your point across? Something like that?
I don't know - I'm just chucking things out there to see what you think.
Or maybe think about how you feel when things don't happen instantly - are you upset, panicky, frustrated, and that comes out as anger?

F

FarCanal

I just find it difficult to make friends, everyone is always in a group and I can't get into a circle. The only reason I had a girlfriend is because at college on the first day of the course we had a manufactured situation where we have to talk to someone for a bit, ask them certain things then tell the room individually and then move to the next person and my gf was one of these people and it felt so easy to talk because you know you have their attention and you knew they felt as awkward as you.

pepecat

pepecat

Is there anything specific you find hard about making friends? It can be difficult, I know. What I mean is, I think, is whether it's something like you don't know what to say, or you find it hard to talk to people, or feel anxious around people and like they're judging you or something?
(I'm not saying people ARE judging, by the way, but that is something that people feel sometimes).
Because often if it's something specific, that can be worked on, but you might need to try different things depending on what it is that you find hard.

Are you at uni? Have you ever thought about going to the uni counselling service and chatting to soemone about this stuff?

F

FarCanal

I feel like everyone hates me or doesn't want me there. Even when my ex had a party, after being dumped, and she invited me (because I thought we were going to be friends) I said hello and she blanked me and . Also she dumped me by phone and the first time we met after that she brought her friend with her when we arranged to meet in town and I just feel like it's unresolved and we never got to talk properly.

Also, I was at uni for a month in my first year before i got home at the end and I was dumped that month before I came back. Then my ex went with the social circle I was kind of a part of to the beach by my uni and I felt really shit like I didn't exist.

I don't feel comfortable talking to anyone else. I wouldn't be able to tell a councillor what I feel and I'd feel I was making it up.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Bipolar Forum 11
B Bipolar Forum 7
frisas45 Bipolar Forum 5