I gave into temptation. Any advice please?

D

Dream

So I tried and tried not to do it, I really did, but the urges came on so hard and I did it. I SH'd. It wasnt bad but I feel awful for doing it. Again.
Im debating whether or not telling my school teacher. We are so close and I tell her everything. The only reason why I wont tell her is because I dont want my parents to find out. Which is most likely to happen.
Could someone tell me if there is a way that I could get help without parent involvement? I really want to stop but I cannot do it alone.
Any advice would be really brillant.
Thank you guys :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
RedRoseBeauty

RedRoseBeauty

I'm not 100% sure if your parents would find out or not.
As a teacher they are responsible for your safety & if they believe you are in danger they are allowed to inform parents.
Confidentiality can be broken if the individual is a danger to themselves or others.

If you do talk to your teacher tell her you really want to stop but you would prefer it if your parents didn't know just yet.
What would happen if your parents found out?
I kept my ED from my Mum for 5 years, I finally told her last week and it was such a relief!

Good Luck Dream.

D

Dream

I was going to tell her but I stopped myself. I have a feeling that she will contact my parents.
My parents would just be worried, thay wouldnt go mad at me but I'm just afraid of the awkwardness of it. And aswell I'm hiding an ED from them aswell and I still want to loose more and more weight but if they sent me councelling I fell as if i wont be able to loose anymore with them noticing!
How did it go telling her about your ED ?
I was cinsidering it, but i cant !
Thanks for the reply :)
x

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Hi Dream.

I think Redrose was probably correct that if your teacher thought you were in danger, they would perhaps feel obliged to contact your parents, unless you gave them good reason not to. However, I'm not sure about that.

You seem close to your teacher, and say that you can chat about anything... could you ask her what she would do if you were to talk about more detail?

Also, you say you are afraid about awkwardness with your parents... without knowing how you all get along it's difficult to say... however, it's almost certain that they would want to know, and want to help you.

We do have a getting help section which provides some phone numbers. You can phone any of those anonymously, please look at the link. Alternatively, post in here next time you are tempted, and most likely someone will post to help you get through the short term urge. Sometimes, just writing out your feelings and knowing someone is listening, and knows how you feel will help.

Take care of yourself Dream. :)

Don't beat yourself up about SH'ing the other day. That is done now. It's history.

M :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KazamaGirl Self Harm Forum 1