• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I gained weight and I feel bad...

V

Vulture_ghost

I went on a whole week eating candies and processed foods, now I got Xlbs to go if I want to get to my goal weight. At this point I just hate eating because I'm afraid I will get fat, I'm tired of it. I need to do it healthy first. I guess I just hate my body when it's fat. Delete if not allowed. But I just feel plain horrible rn.

S

Shiroki

It is natural to feel bad when you do something that contradicts your wants and goals. The important thing is to try not to beat yourself up. It’s not your fault all this processed food was pushed and made addicted. Yes you have a choice not to eat it, but they didn’t make that choice any easier with how much cheaper it is than proper healthy food. At least where I live. If you haven’t already, start with portion control, and make sure to stop eating when you are full if possible.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
This is a bad time of year for people on certain medication that cause weight gain. I know ive put weight on but am not going to worry about it till after the festive period. Just set yourself targets for the new year to cut back and start walking more

N

Nukelavee

I have the opposite issue - I'm supposed to gain weight, and I've lost a couple pounds.

Mood has an effect on weight gain, I'm just one of those people who doesn't eat if I'm unhappy.

Here's the thing, and it counts for any lapse when you are trying to improve. No stumble utterly resets and invalidates your previous effort and success. Having a smoke after 3 months of non-smoking doesn't make that 3 months vanish. Having a drink doesn't toss away a year of being sober. Gaining a few pounds over Xmas doesn't make you a failure. It makes you a person.

We all stumble sometimes. The secret is to accept it happened, and start again.

V

Vulture_ghost

Hey guys sorry I didnt reply I was inpatient I gained some weight but I'm planning to lose an slowly.

@Nukelavee thank you

Thank you all for your kind words love u all