I found out my husband cheated now my depression has crept back in

S

Sara83

Hi,

I found out my husband cheated on me of which the guilt caused him to take an overdose twice within the last few months. He is also now on antidepressants.

For me the shock of everything that has happened & now having to pick up the pieces of what my husband has done to me has meant my depression is starting to creep back in. My husband does want to make our marriage work but I can’t forget what has happened. Purely because he was cheating on me with my cousin. I feel numb most days but my 5 year old keeps me busy.

I had a off day today cried quite a bit of which my husband just doesn’t get. I don’t know if it’s the medicine or just him being in his depressed state that he only sees his perspective on things.

I’m just scared I’m going to get worse I won’t be able to manage this and being a mum. It’s just a lot has happened and just too broken and numb at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

drop him he is taking advantage of you. You allowing him to do this is him calling you a mug and treats you like dirt if he loved you he wouldn't do that. You most likely will stay with him because that is the theme for people in that situation but you can cope on your own with help from x y z make the choice be a door mat or have a better life

J

Jules5

I am sorry about what happened with your husband. I am more concerned about you right now. I know how you must be feeling-betrayed. As a married women this is normal. No such thing should happen to you. Your husband seems remorseful. I hope this helps you. It is hard having a child when this happens.
This happened to me but I did not find out until I left him. I was not shocked just bothered a bit. Even tried to make friends with her.

S

Sara83

Thanks all for your messages.

I’m just feeling so lost numb at the moment. I feel worthless not good enough for my husband anymore. Just don’t know how to move past any of this and be strong enough for my son. My husband isn’t in a good way so feel I need to look after now. So overwhelming at the moment.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Thanks all for your messages.

I’m just feeling so lost numb at the moment. I feel worthless not good enough for my husband anymore. Just don’t know how to move past any of this and be strong enough for my son. My husband isn’t in a good way so feel I need to look after now. So overwhelming at the moment.
you are good enough :hug:

look after yourself :hug:

Z

Zoe1

is there anywhere you could go with your son for a break ?
to a friend or relatives place for a few days ?

get a bit of a perspective
or otherwise ask your husband to go somewhere for a few days ?

:hug5:

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
im so sorry your husband cheated on you and for what you are going through
please lean on the forum
here to listen and support xxxx

S

Sara83

Well I had gone back to my mums whilst my son was off school for the summer holidays. The plan was to be back at the end of the month but then my husband took an overdose so was in a bad way so I have come back to look after him. So technically we had been living apart for about a month. My son is still at my mums but we are planning to pick him in a few days.

Now he is on medication he seems better already. But now my mental health seems to be suffering now just because I have been looking after my son, just haven’t been able to deal with what my husband has done to me.

Thanks for all your messages.

Z

Zoe1

hi Sara

well you might need some support for yourself
which could be medication or counselling or both

can you consider approaching a doctor ?

we are here to listen

:love:

S

Sara83

Hi, I have thought about going to the doctor but I don’t want to go down the medication route. Getting therapy is the next best thing however to go via the NHS (our medical care is funded by the government; oh I’m based in the UK) would mean a waiting list. I could go private but that’s pretty expensive. I have had depression previously and got myself out of by doing more exercise and focusing on myself. I will see if I can get some therapy money permitting.

My son also has autism so don’t really have time for myself. Also the year I have had with my husband has been emotionally draining. Just think too much has happened lately and now it’s just taken over. Just feel so lost and now I’m trying to be strong for my husband and act like nothing has happened is proving to be hard for me now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Depression Forum 3
B Depression Forum 8
L Depression Forum 3