I found a psych evaluation my school district did on me

K

khuang

And I have to say that it made me furious. There were quite a few lies in it that were fed to the doctor by the crazy lady who attacked me, comments that were out of context without the explanation behind them which were omitted, signs that I had Asperger’s during the testing but nothing ever suggested that more tests to be done to properly diagnose me, and the worst thing of all being written is that my behavior was why I was being bullied and it was my “own doing.” The paper mentioned me being put into the adaptive gym class but made it to be my fault and never made note of how I was becoming more and more terrified of attending class because I was being sexually assaulted constantly in the locker room before and after class. I was afraid of talking to any of the other guys because I was obviously afraid of being sexually assaulted even more and I also knew some would turn anything I said into fuel for bullying me even more. At least one had made fun of my speech impediment in the past so of course I would be weary of interacting with them. I was clearly showing signs of fear and a natural reaction of trying to prevent myself from being sexually assaulted whenever I turned to face the lockers. No one ever made me feel like it wasn’t my fault and that I could talk about it without any judgement and that it wasn’t my fault somehow. This is why I tried to repress all of the assaults and not talk about it for years because I thought that maybe it was my fault and that everyone else would say the same thing. I can’t believe a psych evaluation would even suggest that being afraid of my classmates after being sexually assaulted was my own fault when anyone in my situation would be doing the same. There was no mention of the assault or even hint that maybe I was afraid of gym class and my classmates for that period for a very good reason. The paper also had clues that I had Asperger’s but it was only said that I had signs of it but no order to find out. The test was done in 2001 and I wasn’t properly diagnosed until I was a senior in 2003. That’s a long time for anyone to struggle with learning certain subjects and not getting the proper learning support necessary. The school system definitely failed me.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry, have you had any therapy?
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

can relate dude i was not diagnosed till 22 well after school the help the school gives you in the uk is piss poor sorry you went through hell what are your plans to improve your situation ?

K

khuang

All I can do is try to continue living my life. Now my district has all these supports to stop bullying and suicide and even offer help and justice for sexual assault and harassment but apparently I wasn’t important enough to be helped or made to feel safe in school by putting a stop to all of this. It’s pretty clear when a professional that worked for the district wrote, “Durng his first year of junior high school, he experienced Some transition issues as well as interpersonal problems of his own doing.” The school district basically said it was my fault that I was being bullied and indirectly sexually assaulted. They think it’s all my fault for being sexually assaulted for months and developing a fear of my classmates because I wasn’t sure who would sexually assault me next?! How else am I supposed to act under these circumstances?

K

khuang

I just can’t get over how messed up that someone who is supposed to be a professional and help me could ever imply that me being sexually assaulted was my fault and also my fault for being bullied.

K

khuang

What I have a slight problem with is that the victims of the Catholic Church scandal get more help, sympathy, and even no blaming for being abused by the priests. They can even report the abuse at any time no matter how long ago it was. But for guys in my situation, we get blamed by the people who should have protected us after the abuse or assault, given a time limit for reporting the incident within a set number of years in a lot of states, and have very few resources to get the Justice we deserve and desperately need. No one tells a man abused by a priest that it was his fault for being an alter boy or even for being Catholic and not some other faith. But victims of other types of cases are told it’s our fault because of how we were acting or what we were doing before the abuse or assault occurred and that we got what we deserved. Was my fault for being sexually assaulted from behind by a classmate because I had my back turned and was just walking down the hall to go to class? Was it my fault that I had to turn around and face the locker in the locker room to get access it and my belongings before and after class leaving me open for more attacks for months afterwards? No. Yet there were people blaming me for it.

K

khuang

I’m thinking that maybe I should sue the school district if I’m able to for failing to protect me from all the bullying and months of sexual assault and blaming me for all of it. I have physical proof now that that is what they said.

K

khuang

I finally found out the psychiatrist’s name who did the evaluation and blamed me for everything. I want to make her accountable for being part of the main reason why I tried to repress everything and made me feel so unsafe at school and not getting the help that I needed so much. And to literally blame me and have it written down in an official paper signed by her is extremely low. I was fifteen when I got sexually assaulted. I did nothing to provoke it from happening all the months that it had occurred. And she should have ordered more tests to be conducted so that I could be diagnosed with Asperger’s properly and much sooner and perhaps I could have gotten the learning support I truly deserved. I mean why write down that there were signs of Asperger’s even though I was never diagnosed with it or it was mentioned as a possibility at the time if you aren’t going to order more tests to find out? She has since retired and I’m glad because now she won’t be blaming any more kids for being the reason they are being bullied and sexually assaulted. She should never have been allowed to work with kids if she did this to me. I can only imagine someone she screwed over even more than me for something that was never their fault.