• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I "forced" myself to eat something during the day.

MHsmilesxo

MHsmilesxo

So, throughout the day, I won't eat breakfast or lunch or snacks at all. I'll mostly drink water and coffee, then I'll go home and eat dinner but then purge it out. But, I had a talk with myself basically telling myself that this isn't healthy and that I need to eat something, because feeling cold and shaky had become a toxic form of "normal" for me. So, I ate a bowl of beans, an avocado, and a tomato. It was extremely hard.. Because something that probably would've taken someone 15 mins or so to eat, it took me about 40 mins. I was trying to distract myself from eating it all, and drinking water, then walking back and forth.. But, I tried to finish it and I almost did, leaving 2 slices of avocado on my plate and I wanted to cry.. Mainly because I feel almost consumed by my eating disorder, but the fact that I was able to talk myself into eating something during the day, gave me hope..

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
will it blend?

its easier to eat if its liquid and taste sweet

so blend it all with fruit

K

karl7

So, throughout the day, I won't eat breakfast or lunch or snacks at all. I'll mostly drink water and coffee, then I'll go home and eat dinner but then purge it out. But, I had a talk with myself basically telling myself that this isn't healthy and that I need to eat something, because feeling cold and shaky had become a toxic form of "normal" for me. So, I ate a bowl of beans, an avocado, and a tomato. It was extremely hard.. Because something that probably would've taken someone 15 mins or so to eat, it took me about 40 mins. I was trying to distract myself from eating it all, and drinking water, then walking back and forth.. But, I tried to finish it and I almost did, leaving 2 slices of avocado on my plate and I wanted to cry.. Mainly because I feel almost consumed by my eating disorder, but the fact that I was able to talk myself into eating something during the day, gave me hope..
well done for having something to eat....hopefully this will continue.....its a real positive for you

JessisMe

JessisMe

Congratulations, well done! Are you currently receiving help for your eating disorder? Professional help to get you back on track with your health would be a good choice for you. xo, j

P

Purpleplum

That's great what you did. 😊

If you keep eating healthy, nourishing food at breakfast, lunch and dinner, your need to binge should go away. That, plus therapy for what you are feeling.